***Important*** Vote on whether to split up Classifieds into sections and discuss

I wouldn't have included the word "classifieds" at the end of each subforum (The entire section is the classifieds, we would understand if the sub sections just said "Amplifiers, Speakers, etc") but now that's just a little flaw. I also would have probably included a forum specifically for non-working equipment (blown woofers, blown amps, etc). I'm sure everyone is going to have something they would change so I'm not too worked up about it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Thanks Goob

I wouldn't have included the word "classifieds" at the end of each subforum (The entire section is the classifieds, we would understand if the sub sections just said "Amplifiers, Speakers, etc") but now that's just a little flaw. I also would have probably included a forum specifically for non-working equipment (blown woofers, blown amps, etc). I'm sure everyone is going to have something they would change so I'm not too worked up about it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Thanks Goob
At first I wasn't going to include "classifieds". But, with the SEO utility we use and also for flat out SEO purposes, we needed to add it. It will also help eliminate posting in the wrong section. Eg, someone getting the "Subwoofers" forum in the classifieds confused with "Subwoofers" in the general discussion forum...

At first I wasn't going to include "classifieds". But, with the SEO utility we use and also for flat out SEO purposes, we needed to add it. It will also help eliminate posting in the wrong section. Eg, someone getting the "Subwoofers" forum in the classifieds confused with "Subwoofers" in the general discussion forum...
Ah, you make a good point. I could see a lot of new people signing up then heading straight into the classifieds to ask questions...Still think maybe a non-working section would be good. Or even just maybe a subforum within a subforum. Like inside the "Amplifier Classifieds" you have a "Blown Amplifiers" section?

Ah, you make a good point. I could see a lot of new people signing up then heading straight into the classifieds to ask questions...Still think maybe a non-working section would be good. Or even just maybe a subforum within a subforum. Like inside the "Amplifier Classifieds" you have a "Blown Amplifiers" section?
That might be the best. I've thought about it though and I think just put the broken items in the respective sections. Broken amp in the amp section. I don't see it as causing a big issue.

That might be the best. I've thought about it though and I think just put the broken items in the respective sections. Broken amp in the amp section. I don't see it as causing a big issue.
Yep, that's what I did. Like I said, not a major complaint just a suggestion, obviously others disagree so no worries //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Hey Goob, what do you think about locking for sale threads after the item has been sold? It saves a ton of time when your looking for something because you don't have to go through 5 pages of posts in an ad just to find out on the 5th page it's sold. If the OP is required to report it as sold and the mods just lock it then it can still be looked at later for reference. Just a thought...

It is possible to allow sellers to close their threads in the classifieds. That could be an option...
Yeah if you could allow the sellers to close the threads themselves that would be even better, it would take some of the work load off the mods (if you were to implement that rule)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

administrator

Administrator
Little man on campus
administrator
33 Thomas St.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies