*Important* Megga Maxx in Marietta, Ga

t1990le
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Kennesaw, Ga
This past December I bought 2 Quantum Audio Cozmik Subwoofers (Links Below) and a QCA2000D Amp from them.

Sub:

http://www.quantumaudio.net/cozmiksubs_qcw12d4.htm

Amp:

http://www.quantumaudio.net/cozmikamp_2000d.htm

When I bought them, I was told that all of their products come with a 1 year warranty. This warranty stated that if I ever had any trouble from the amp or speakers, all I had to do was swing by and they will look over the product free of charge and replace any broken products with a brand new model free of charge. I had them install all of it including new 4awg power and ground wire and speaker wire. Well the weekend before last I left my house to run some errands and found out that my subwoofers would not play any sound. I went back to Megga Maxx last Monday and they wanted a $75 dollar fee to replace the subs and another $35 for running diagnostics on the Sound System. After about 20min of arguing I just told them to put it all back in my truck and ill leave. They wouldn’t even give me the keys to my truck until I gave them $10 which was the only cash that I had at the time. When I got home I went to the BBB and looked them up and I unsurprisingly found that they already have 2 complaints on them that they have not answered and have a BBB Score of F. I was wondering if any locals in the area had any similar problems with this shop and I wouldn't recommend this shop to anyone who wanted to have a good product at a good price with a respectable proprietor.

Link to Megga Maxx on BBB:

http://www.bbb.org/atlanta/business-reviews/auto-alarms-and-security-systems/meggamaxx-in-marietta-ga-3002678

Long story short:

They sold me a working product with warranty and 6 months later when my equiptment broke, they failed to honor their warranty.

anyway back to the actual topic lol. Has anyone else been to Megga Maxx? I can tell you right now that I wont be back to that store.

I've been there a few times. The place has really gone downhill since Jeff sold the place like 10 years ago. I stopped in to check on some new amps and was not impressed with what they had to offer. I also talked to an installer who does DIY tube audio and DIY speakers. He had nice stuff that I demo'd. BUT...when I finally got the amps I wanted I called about having him set the gains for me ( no scope at this time) he told me NOT to use a scope. They never use a scope and to set it by ear. This turned me away from them for good.

Wow buddy that's shitty, and I'm very sorry to hear that. Looks like it's time to start diagnosing that problem, after which you can go by there and tell them to shove it up their ass.

Thanks for the heads up though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

ok first off why don't you tell them if they offer a warranty like that they need to fix it. and if you have it in writing take them to small claims court for the entire amount you paid to them an i bet they fix your **** today or sway out those subs for new ones real fast. because literally they're stealing from you and i know i wouldn't take that BS..and if they continue on doin what they're im sure eventually their business license will be revoked thats just bad business.

I've been there a few times. The place has really gone downhill since Jeff sold the place like 10 years ago. I stopped in to check on some new amps and was not impressed with what they had to offer. I also talked to an installer who does DIY tube audio and DIY speakers. He had nice stuff that I demo'd. BUT...when I finally got the amps I wanted I called about having him set the gains for me ( no scope at this time) he told me NOT to use a scope. They never use a scope and to set it by ear. This turned me away from them for good.
^^^ I knew the amp i got wasnt gonna do 2000watts at 1ohm lol esp with 100amp worth of fusing but i learned its the same as the db audio 1200 which is 1200rms at one ohm so i figured id give them a try i should of just went to steve with rd or jacob with sundown. i will from now on.

Wow buddy that's shitty, and I'm very sorry to hear that. Looks like it's time to start diagnosing that problem, after which you can go by there and tell them to shove it up their ass.
Thanks for the heads up though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
lol x2 i did shove it up there ass.

ok first off why don't you tell them if they offer a warranty like that they need to fix it. and if you have it in writing take them to small claims court for the entire amount you paid to them an i bet they fix your **** today or sway out those subs for new ones real fast. because literally they're stealing from you and i know i wouldn't take that BS..and if they continue on doin what they're im sure eventually their business license will be revoked thats just bad business.
im in the process of doing that right now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Need a pair of 12's to use until you get some new ones?
no im good thanks i bought a piar of RD Sonaces. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Gotta 2000+ rms watt amp? ill take one of those lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

t1990le

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
t1990le
Kennesaw, Ga
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies