I'm new and my first diy install and what is the best and most powerful 6x9 thank you

I personally agree with most replys, yet I wonder not just here but in many forums why the question is not just simply answered.
Suggestion is informative and encouraging, providing growth and insight.

While I don't believe anyone was harsh, and appears wanting to be helpful the OPs question goes unanswered .

Yet unsolicitations come flooding

6*9s give a unique sound , that doesn't mean its optimal.

Could very well be ones tastes.

I didn't read where it was stated what type of listener or end acoustic goal he had.

OP .JBL and Polk make some nice 6*9s will that classic 6*9 could me mistaken for a small sub.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

This is funny^^
There is nothing unique about any cone size. It will sound like anything else within the same SD.

I personally agree with most replys, yet I wonder not just here but in many forums why the question is not just simply answered.
Suggestion is informative and encouraging, providing growth and insight.

While I don't believe anyone was harsh, and appears wanting to be helpful the OPs question goes unanswered .

Yet unsolicitations come flooding

6*9s give a unique sound , that doesn't mean its optimal.

Could very well be ones tastes.

I didn't read where it was stated what type of listener or end acoustic goal he had.

OP .JBL and Polk make some nice 6*9s will that classic 6*9 could me mistaken for a small sub.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

This is funny^^
Do you even have the letter"x" on your keyboard? 6x9....

Some people are uneducated about sound/speakers. That's where we come in and help figure out what that person wants, how loud, budget to work with, what vehicle, etc. Some of the most simpliest questions so that we can figure out what's best for that person. It's called asking and researching. We're not here for the hell of it. Some of us have been in this car audio game a long time. We have messed around with many brands to make suggestions. And 6x9's isn't one of them.

There is nothing unique about any cone size. It will sound like anything else within the same SD.
you can get odd harmonics off odd shaped speakers especially if the cone is not rigid enough it can flex at higher frequencies causing variances in tone.

not that most people will ever hear it but it does happen.

sound like op just needs some speakers. like recommended i would get 6x9 to 6.5" adapters with preferably a separate spot for the tweeter. i always liked the sound of polks but there are plenty of good brands out there that will fit your needs.

Thank you all I asked was a simple question about getting some new 6x9 speakers the kickers i put in front doors don't seem to keep up with the rest of the system this was my first ever install on any kind of electronics and to be honest it sounds pretty good and as far as using the four channel ampto run one sub what is so wrong with that I have it bridged and originally I had the 5 channel amp running the 6x9 and the kicker 12" had no problems was given a new 4 channel so thought I try it and the box is a fox box and to the guy that so worried about vehicle specific it's a 1500 Laramie longhorn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And do you think what your saying to me makes any sense yes we're "uneducated " but explain in a uneducated way so I can understand

2012 ram 1500 Laramie longhorn

Non alpine system/

Aftermarket head unit is a boss touchscreen DVD ,nav, cd, etc

Replaced front tweeters with kickers and bass reducers

Front and rear doors total of 4 new 6x9

All new wire

Everything is soldered and heat shrink wrapped

Two 12" subs originally had 2 kickers then upgraded one when I had the money to a dd

Non alpine system

you can get odd harmonics off odd shaped speakers especially if the cone is not rigid enough it can flex at higher frequencies causing variances in tone.not that most people will ever hear it but it does happen.

sound like op just needs some speakers. like recommended i would get 6x9 to 6.5" adapters with preferably a separate spot for the tweeter. i always liked the sound of polks but there are plenty of good brands out there that will fit your needs.
No. That would just be a crappy speaker. If you are playing any driver to high it will sound bad. A 6x9 is very close to a 8 so it's just as limited as a 8.

Tried the jbl and wasn't impressed with them the kickers out performed them IMO but maybe it's just the music I listen to which is classic rock

The bad news is you went about this all wrong.

It's going to be best to do it in stages.

I'd start with replacing that head unit.

If the source is crap no matter what speakers you use they will be crap.

Yes I hate the hu and wife isn't convinced or understand why I need to replace it , when I started this build I really wish I did more research I didn't even know what a dual sub even meant and there so many ways yiu can wire speakers but now I'm a sponge soaking all the knowledge and addicted to iy

Yes I hate the hu and wife isn't convinced or understand why I need to replace it , when I started this build I really wish I did more research I didn't even know what a dual sub even meant and there so many ways yiu can wire speakers but now I'm a sponge soaking all the knowledge and addicted to iy

I wouldn't do anything until you get a better deck. You don't know what's really wrong with the speakers the way it is not. It might be fine afterwards. Or if it's not you will know where to start.

Do you even have the letter"x" on your keyboard? 6x9....
Some people are uneducated about sound/speakers. That's where we come in and help figure out what that person wants, how loud, budget to work with, what vehicle, etc. Some of the most simpliest questions so that we can figure out what's best for that person. It's called asking and researching. We're not here for the hell of it. Some of us have been in this car audio game a long time. We have messed around with many brands to make suggestions. And 6x9's isn't one of them.
LoL no x's this way only *

No. That would just be a crappy speaker. If you are playing any driver to high it will sound bad. A 6x9 is very close to a 8 so it's just as limited as a 8.
Pioneer had an article about it in pas years ago

The odd shape of the oval speakers creates high and low pressure points on the cone.

Not to mention the surround dimples in the corners limiting excursion and again creating a pressure point on the cone.

It doesn't really matter that for subs but the higher the frequency goes the more the sound is affected

And I agree the head unit should be addressed

Also generally it's not good to mix different subs especially if they are in the same box sharing air space

And triple especially if they have different power on them

And nothing wrong with kicker speakers

I always did like the sound for rock more than most speakers

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...