I want to upgrade my bass trunk for Christmas!

Participant count
  • Participant list
D3's are very capable woofers. I have seen them in setups doing mid 140s. 2 D3s would destroy a single XFL.

A single XFL is a downgrade over the D3s.

You need cone area if you want to move air. 2 lower powered decent subs will almost always be louder than a single higher powered sub of the same size.
I forgot about this post.
So if I can’t fit the airspace required for 2 XR’s I’d be better off downgrading to woofers that need less airspace and power than just getting one XR?
sounds like just buying two new diamonds and building a box for them, which doesn’t feel like enough of an upgrade and I’ll just extend the depth to the max and lose all my trunk =)

Take a look at the Incriminator Audio Lethal Injection. It will have good SQ while being loud. Or look at some SSA subs. I’m not hating on AB but I’d rather spend money on a better quality product.

I forgot about this post.
So if I can’t fit the airspace required for 2 XR’s I’d be better off downgrading to woofers that need less airspace and power than just getting one XR?
sounds like just buying two new diamonds and building a box for them, which doesn’t feel like enough of an upgrade and I’ll just extend the depth to the max and lose all my trunk =)

Your 2 D3s would be louder than the XFL because they have more cone area. However if you put the XFL in a ported box it will have better low end extension than the 2 D3s because a sealed box rolls off sooner than ported.

If you had 2 good subs then you would have been best off building a ported box for them. Since you don't you might as well start over with a new sub and put that in a ported box. If you want noticeable gains over what you had you need to either double cone area or power or both.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.