I want more speakers!

Participant count
  • Participant list

TheManDownStairs

CarAudio.com Newbie
So basically I’m new to this, currently I have two 12 inch subwoofers connected to a Kenwood amp, and two rear deck speakers connected to an alpine amp. I current haven’t installed front speakers but they are on the way.

basically I’m trying to install 1 more rear deck speaker and small subwoofer in the middle opening in my backseats. I can install another subwoofer since my kenwood has an output line. However with my rear speakers how to I connect another RCA input to another amp when my head unit only has one rear deck output? I can’t use a Y splitter because I am using the same pair of RCAs for the front and rear speakers using Y splitting. I could reinstall a seperate RCA, one for the rear and one for the front, but I was wondering if there’s another way to achieve more inputs for rear speakers.

I hope this made sense, I know I might sound stupid but like I said I’m new.

thank you!

if you want louder and clearer and stronger bass, you are going about it completely the wrong way. That screws up your sound stage, also puts too much emphasis on the rears and takes away from the front stage. Causes extreme cancellation with your subs in different locations and different sized subs, thats the biggest NO in car audio. What that means is you literally get negative bass or complete distortion.

what you want is more efficient speakers, more amplifier power and a better enclosure design for your 12s. Dont ghetto rig it into an absolute disaster with negative results.

if you want louder and clearer and stronger bass, you are going about it completely the wrong way. That screws up your sound stage, also puts too much emphasis on the rears and takes away from the front stage. Causes extreme cancellation with your subs in different locations and different sized subs, thats the biggest NO in car audio. What that means is you literally get negative bass or complete distortion.

what you want is more efficient speakers, more amplifier power and a better enclosure design for your 12s. Dont ghetto rig it into an absolute disaster with negative results.

You know what your completely right. I’ll finish the front speakers first. My rear speakers are Alpines and they are pretty loud, I guess the only thing I need is to finish my front speakers and maybe get better 12s? I have two Sony Xplods the red ones that are 380 watt rms. They are pretty good and I’m the same good enclosure. However they are single coiled and I have heard Kickers which sound much better. Maybe I’ll just get to 12 inch kickers, keep the amp because it’s pretty good and just finish my front speakers and call it a day, and scrap this idea that I just presented.

what do you reckon? I already like the sound of my car but I guess there’s always room for improvement?

You know what your completely right. I’ll finish the front speakers first. My rear speakers are Alpines and they are pretty loud, I guess the only thing I need is to finish my front speakers and maybe get better 12s? I have two Sony Xplods the red ones that are 380 watt rms. They are pretty good and I’m the same good enclosure. However they are single coiled and I have heard Kickers which sound much better. Maybe I’ll just get to 12 inch kickers, keep the amp because it’s pretty good and just finish my front speakers and call it a day, and scrap this idea that I just presented.

what do you reckon? I already like the sound of my car but I guess there’s always room for improvement?
kicker is pretty crap for the price dude.
not sure how loud you want it but a custom ported box is everything. this is a single 12 on 500 watts. For door speakers if you want loud, look at sensitivity ratings. 92db sensitivity and up is good. Anything under 90 is not that loud at all.

not sure how loud you want it but a custom ported box is everything. this is a single 12 on 500 watts. For door speakers if you want loud, look at sensitivity ratings. 92db sensitivity and up is good. Anything under 90 is not that loud at all.

I want it pretty loud, I mean it’s already loud enough but I want more Oumph in my bass, my current subs are loud but they don’t have that Oumph to it. What would you recommend that I can buy, common subs and amps that I can just hook up to my current wiring which will push that kind of power. I already have very good door speakers and I will install them soon.

I want it louder not because that’s what I want to listen to constantly, I don’t want to damage my hearing even more, it’s just for car meets I want to show off a ridiculous sound system. Maybe I’m getting ahead of myself but as a newbie to this I think I’m addicted to bass now 😂😂

Doesn't look like he even sealed the front of the sub from the back. Wont it be even louder with the sub and port back?

I want it pretty loud, I mean it’s already loud enough but I want more Oumph in my bass, my current subs are loud but they don’t have that Oumph to it. What would you recommend that I can buy, common subs and amps that I can just hook up to my current wiring which will push that kind of power. I already have very good door speakers and I will install them soon.

I want it louder not because that’s what I want to listen to constantly, I don’t want to damage my hearing even more, it’s just for car meets I want to show off a ridiculous sound system. Maybe I’m getting ahead of myself but as a newbie to this I think I’m addicted to bass now 😂😂

So I made up my mind. I’m taking my dads Kenwood subs which are fucken crazy and have much more punchy bass and run at 500 watts. His amplifier aswel and his kenwood speakers since his working on his project car. So that should do that job.

So I made up my mind. I’m taking my dads Kenwood subs which are fucken crazy and have much more punchy bass and run at 500 watts. His amplifier aswel and his kenwood speakers since his working on his project car. So that should do that job.
if you dont want to spend anything, spend money on some wood and do a proper custom ported enclosure if you want any real results with bass. Step up your power too, there's lots of 1500 amps for pretty cheap nowadays if you want something that you can proudly show off at meets vs being a typical basic system.

also here's where the heavy hitters are at. None of that pu$sy mainstream ****. But seriously though, since you are a newbie, you really dont know how bass works. The most important thing is the box design. Just buying a premade box online or at a shop is not good enough, those are actually complete garbage. You need a custom built high performance enclosure thats built around your subwoofers' electromechanical parameters along with your vehicle acoustics. Just shoving a sub in a premade box alone will get you ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.