I think I f***ed myself. Please help!!

AVSTANG02

Banned
Las Vegas
I have 2 DVC 4ohm subs that I want to wire to my 600x1@2ohm. Not stable at 1ohm

I want each sub to get about 300 watts at 2ohms.

The amp has 2 sets of speaker terminals and they are wired Parallel internally.

Now checking another forums sticky. I can wire each 4ohm DVC sub parallel into 2ohms. If I take each sub and wire them seperately to each set of speaker terminals are they now a 1ohm load on the amp? or does each terminal set see 2ohms???

Is there any possible way of giving the 2 subs 300 watts each at 2 ohms?

or am I stuck with either 1 or 4 ohm load on the amp?

The monoblocks that I have seen built with two sets of speaker outputs wired together internally (such as what you're mentioning) see no difference whether one or both sets of outputs are used.

With two 4 Ohm DVC subs you are stuck with a 1, 4, or 16 Ohm final load using both drivers. Sad, but true //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

but if the amp gives 600 wrms regardless of ohmage the why does it matter, he gets his 600wrms or 300 each sub even at 4 ohms......right?

lol. and now its my turn to laugh my avstang-0-man.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

F**** it....run the amp at one ohm with the gains very moderate, remove the back cover of the amp (if possible) to allow the circuit board to breath better....get a fan to blow air onto the circuit board or across the top ( on the board would be better) and you should be ok

2 months i ran a rockford 601s (600x1@4ohm) at 1 ohm daily with the gains cranked high as HELL and abused it like a redheaded step child.......tell ya what those older fosgate amp (especially punch series) will take an ass whoppign before going into protect. had a fan on it to keep it cool and never went into protect, just got hot as hell....

if you keep your gains down and run on fan on it you'll be fine for daily drving at 1 ohm....if possible mount the amp somewhere within touching distance of your seat and just check the surface temperature every 20 min.... try it out and if the amp heats up too bad with all this done to it just keep turning the gain down until you find a happy medium......if that fails then go with another amp. but with that fosgate amp you have hope man

good luck

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.