I never hear much talk of the InPhase Subwoofer products.

Participant count
  • Participant list

SMH90

CarAudio.com Newbie
uk
I own the XT8 8 inch from Inphase in it's 2nd generation form, a very heavy and powerful driver for it's size, not quite Sundown material but it's cheap here in the UK at like 60 pounds.

I have worn it in now but even so it took some serious punishment throwing all of my amplifier at it on a very low frequency track.

Video.

I have it in house not in a car.

How it sounds with normal music.

xt-8_2.jpg

xt-8.jpg

Last edited:
You are probably not going to see much about that brand on this site. Inphase is not sold in the USA. And probably more than 90% of the people on here are in the USA.

You are probably not going to see much about that brand on this site. Inphase is not sold in the USA. And probably more than 90% of the people on here are in the USA.
Quite true sir. In all fairness though they are not exactly widely used products in the UK either.
I did once hear 6 15's in a van at a show once, it was intense, but those were old school V1's from like 2009.
From some subs I have used previously such as Fli 12"/ Vibe & a ProPlus Data 10", this thing is in a whole other class compared to those, the weight is immense and for an 8 it certainly don't sound like an 8, a lot more like a 12.

Definitely not for everyone, but if you want a small sub that will give some pretty heavy lows at a decent level of output you could do way worse.
The Sundown Audio X-8 is likely to be cream of the crop for an 8" though and DD Audio also do comparable 8" woofers too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.