I need tuning help!

Participant count
  • Participants list

burnm3w1thf1r3

NEPA
So I'm going to probably give a lot of unnecessary information but it's because I don't have model numbers at the moment. If they are absolutely needed I can get them.

Back story***

I have a system with a kenwood basic head unit, and 2 pioneer 350w subs, and an autotek 1000w amp. The head unit had basic controls (treble, bass, mid, the sla (positioning as well, left and right, and front and back). With this system I got a great sound. I recently upgraded the head unit to a more "advanced" pioneer head unit that doesn't have bass, treble, mid, but instead uses HZ frequencies and settings I know nothing about.

Current setup:

Pioneer head unit (unsure of model at the moment)

Audio settings:

Balance: Left (1 to 15), Center (0), Right (1 to 15)

Fader: Rear (1 to 15), Center (0), Front (1 to 15)

SLA: -4 to +4

HPF Setting: Off, 50HZ, 63 HZ, 80 HZ, 100HZ, 125HZ, 160 HZ, 200HZ: -6 or -12

Bass Boost: 0 to 6

Sub W Ctrl: 50HZ, 63 HZ, 80 HZ, 100HZ, 125HZ, 160 HZ, 200HZ: -24 to +6: -6 or -12

Sub W: Off, Nor, Rev

Loudness: Off, Low, Mid, Hi

EQ Settings: Flat, Super Bass, Powerful, Natural Vocal

Autotek Super Sport AT1000 amp

Level: 5v to 0.2v

Bass EQ 0 to 12 DBa

HPF: 60Hz to 1.2KHz

LPF: 30Hz to 250 Hz

Xover: Full, LPF, HPF

Mode: Mono or Stereo

I currently have 2 Pioneer 1400w 12" subs

I'm about to just buy a head unit like the one I had with the simpler settings if I can't get this one to sound good! Please help!

Yes its pretty useless without giving us the exact model number.

HPF and sub both at 80hz -12, sub nor, loudness off, Bass boost off. Turn the volume up to where you would listen to it normally then go back and turn the gain up on the amp until the sub stops getting louder then back it off a few notches. Amp set to low pass, put the frequency for low pass high up over half way. Mode should be mono. Bass EQ off or 0.

For the EQ Just play around and see what hz does what. Then Pick one of the EQ settings that sounds best to you, then go to custom EQ and start playing around till you get the perfect sound you want.

main_chart.jpg

i can help u set those freq on the hu man., calm down.. i have pioneer 3003 pro.. i have kenwood x301 which is very nice for cheap.. low freqs 40-200hz shouldn't be boosted that may distort your speakers don't use bass boost that type of thing.. freqs like 5k up mostly effect tweeters, if u want highs to sound brighter u can raise those freqs up 3 notches or so see how that sounds.. we recomend no bass boost cause it's basically distortion but if u need to boost subs use bass boost on amp just like 1 db though not 6-12, at least that won't hurt your mids.. wow nice chart jeff..

Thank you both!

Jeffdachef,

Ok, I looked through my search history and:

Head Unit: pioneer deh-x6500bt

AMP: Autotek Super Sport AT1000

The speakers (if needed) I can get in a few hours, I would have to take them out of the box to get the model number. I will try what you suggested. If anything should change based on the head unit (now that I provided the model number) please let me know! Thank you for the help!!!

Yes its pretty useless without giving us the exact model number.
HPF and sub both at 80hz -12, sub nor, loudness off, Bass boost off. Turn the volume up to where you would listen to it normally then go back and turn the gain up on the amp until the sub stops getting louder then back it off a few notches. Amp set to low pass, put the frequency for low pass high up over half way. Mode should be mono. Bass EQ off or 0.

For the EQ Just play around and see what hz does what. Then Pick one of the EQ settings that sounds best to you, then go to custom EQ and start playing around till you get the perfect sound you want.

main_chart.jpg
Thank you so much! This worked great!!! I assumed the gain was level, i have that a at about 1.5v i would assume (5v-0.2v and it's at about the 3 o'clock position). I have LPF on the amp almost maxed (maybe 200hz) HPF is about half. Bass EQ is at 0. And the settings on the head unit at 80HZ is perfect. I don't have washed out bass anymore or crappy sounding hits. The hits still aren't as hard as I'd like, but I suppose that'll change the more I drive and tweak it!. Thank you for the help!!

Thank you so much! This worked great!!! I assumed the gain was level, i have that a at about 1.5v i would assume (5v-0.2v and it's at about the 3 o'clock position). I have LPF on the amp almost maxed (maybe 200hz) HPF is about half. Bass EQ is at 0. And the settings on the head unit at 80HZ is perfect. I don't have washed out bass anymore or crappy sounding hits. The hits still aren't as hard as I'd like, but I suppose that'll change the more I drive and tweak it!. Thank you for the help!!
there should be a sub level on the head unit that you can use to raise it up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.