i have one 10" w6v3 and one 10" w6v2

Participant count
  • Participants list
super noob here.....i have one 10" w6v3 and one 10" w6v2.....i have no clue how to wire anything up, i have no knowledge whatsoever.....i just came across both these subs at a good price at two seperate occasions, and am now in the process of building a box and looking for the right amp to push these subs the correct way.....im not sure what i need at this point and am desperately looking for help!!! SOMEBODY BE A PAL AND HELP ME OUT!!!! i seriously dont know **** about 4 ohm 2 ohm 1 ohm or wiring them parallel or in a series......PLEASE HELP

You do not want to mix and match subwoofers. Almost always when I see rookies doing this it'll sound better when they just disconnect one or the other. If you absolutely insist they cannot share airspace in the same box.

Do you know what impedance your subs are? (they may say how many ohms on the back or by the terminals... look for the Greek Omega symbol if it doesn't say the word ohm)

Yeah, don’t mix and match. Even though they are both W6, the v2 and v3 are different woofers. Sell the v2 to me and buy another v3 😁. But honestly, either run the v3 alone, buy another v2 and sell the v3, or buy another v3 and sell the v2.

well both of them are dual 4 ohm ..... can it really be that big of a problem still running them together?
You can do it but I wouldn’t. The v3 has a different design than the v2 and although I’m sure they are similar, there is going to be a difference between them. Also, my experience shows the v2’s like a much bigger box than JL claims but the v3 does indeed like smaller boxes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.