I had this alpine radio which probably was rare idk.

ELS122

CarAudio.com Newbie
Latvia
so I had this alpine "finish line" head unit, it had a 4 track head, cassette player that could switch directions automatically, also had a small LCD at the corner, had a volume pot which doubled as an on/off switch and a balance control, it also had sliders for the high's and low's tone, it had 6 channel memory had some Dolby noise reduction for the cassette deck. it mounted in a slide-in cage that also had a DIN 5 CD changer connector, had 4 channels, audio connector I guess for the changer, wasn't line out or line in I checked. but I think it couldn't record cassettes. had LW, MW, and 2 FM bands. also, backlight buttons but only the letters were light, weren't the common transparent alpine buttons.
the worst part is that I took it apart and "destroyed it" when I was a kid.
the cassette player is unsavable, the amplifier board too, the display board I think is good, only a few dead switches, and the mainboard also is good.
I wanted to know if it was maybe some kind of rare model, or maybe someone needs a mainboard for it.
I don't have any pictures, the pieces are probably scattered around my house somewhere. it had "finish line" written in handwriting on the cassette lid!

so I had this alpine "finish line" head unit, it had a 4 track head, cassette player that could switch directions automatically, also had a small LCD at the corner, had a volume pot which doubled as an on/off switch and a balance control, it also had sliders for the high's and low's tone, it had 6 channel memory had some Dolby noise reduction for the cassette deck. it mounted in a slide-in cage that also had a DIN 5 CD changer connector, had 4 channels, audio connector I guess for the changer, wasn't line out or line in I checked. but I think it couldn't record cassettes. had LW, MW, and 2 FM bands. also, backlight buttons but only the letters were light, weren't the common transparent alpine buttons.
the worst part is that I took it apart and "destroyed it" when I was a kid.
the cassette player is unsavable, the amplifier board too, the display board I think is good, only a few dead switches, and the mainboard also is good.
I wanted to know if it was maybe some kind of rare model, or maybe someone needs a mainboard for it.
I don't have any pictures, the pieces are probably scattered around my house somewhere. it had "finish line" written in handwriting on the cassette lid!

Did it look like this?
Screenshot_20191222-181723_Samsung Internet.jpg

Sorry for not responding in forever, but I garhered up all the bits I have of the radio in hope I can rebuild it, at least without the cassette player

Ive yet to find the front bezel, but I have the cage for it, it mounts in a slide-in cage with the connector mounted to it, and theres a pull-out handle in the front that doubles as the lock

953659F8-BDDC-4B41-B3C6-491BF221A19E.jpeg
2B95B7D4-04B5-4A87-A410-CC8ECA77BE5C.jpeg
7B301939-7D82-4D13-9AE8-072A88D58AA0.jpeg

The closest thing I found was this low res picture of a similar model, looks like it's TRA-7363 maybe
But it's still clearly not the same, and the one I have had 0 transparent buttons, only the letters on the buttons lit up, the front bezel and buttons were black.
photo_2023-05-19_15-00-20.jpg

Last edited:
I believe that what you have there is an old Honda dealership head unit. Back in the early 80’s, when all Hondas were made in Japan, they shipped cars to different countries without a stereo installed. The local dealer in each country then installed the appropriate stereo for the region.
I remember local Honda dealer commercials saying that every new car they sold came with an Alpine.

Right now it's just a cassette player, but if you restore it to mint condition, you will have a mint condition cassette player!

Seriously, are you going to rip out your factory deck in favor a tape player? Throw it away.

Right now it's just a cassette player, but if you restore it to mint condition, you will have a mint condition cassette player!

Seriously, are you going to rip out your factory deck in favor a tape player? Throw it away.
screw you! and your "old means trash"
tapes sound perfectly fine if you don't buy the 5 cent chinease cassette from banggood.

Well I found one very very similar to the one I have:
The 7288MM model, the differences are: mine has a green display and the buttons very slightly different, but it's darn close!
1989 brochure
17294-1989-alpine-car-audio-brochure-15411987841_7cc9f7ae01_o.jpg

And mine didn't look THIS good :D
iu

Last edited:
I'm sorry, I'm such an idiot. The model number is right on the bottom..
photo_2023-05-20_01-53-19.jpg

Seems it's from a Mazda, M6509EU... can't find any mention of this model tho.
I'll try to find a date code or something so then maybe I'll have more luck finding it online

Last edited:
screw you! and your "old means trash"
tapes sound perfectly fine if you don't buy the 5 cent chinease cassette from banggood.
The "screw you" was unnecessary, but I'm willing to butt heads if you want: Old doesn't mean trash, but some things don't age well. Answer my questions before you get cocky: are you actually going to use this outdated head unit? Do you have cassettes that you will play? No matter how rare or valuable you THINK this thing is, it is still an outdated piece of garbage. If you desperately want to listen to your John Cougar and Chumbawamba tapes again, then you have found the most expensive way to do it.

Head units are not collectible. I'm not sorry if that hurts your feelings.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...