I’m new and no nothing !!

Participant count
  • Participants list

Ujoint

CarAudio.com Newbie
Ok hi all I’m new here.
looking for some info...
I have a stock unit in 07 GMC Sierra and it has the CD/DVD . And I’m looking for a replacement, but I don’t want to go with a DVD unit. But I would like to utilize my screen on the roof for the kids.
now is there a unit out there that I can still utilize the screen and not have a DVD unit. I was thinking like a android head unit that would have a SD slot that I could save movies to watch.
mom trying to get away from DVD as they are in the past almost.
does this exist, or is another DVD unit the only way to go.
FYI I no nothing about audio, lol
The entire system that I have is factory including the screen on the roof.
TIA

As suggested previously, you are looking for a multimedia receiver. Many of them don't have a CD/DVD player. Review the specifications before purchasing.

Good luck.

*know
If you get an aftermarket deck there may be a harness that would retain the factory entertainment system OR you may have to.run separate power and tap into it for audio yourself. Talk to someone at a reputable shop its an 07 who dafuq knows

A lot of "multimedia" head units have no disk options and rely on your phone or memory sticks for media storage. The catch being that they can be a bit finicky about what encodings they can handle when it comes time to start reading MPEG or AVI files.

Keep in mind that the CD/DVD transports are so cheap these days that that feature may not even add significantly to the overall cost of the head unit so don't let that be a deal breaker for you if you find something you like.

That said, I haven't owned a head unit that takes discs in probably 8 years, though again depending where you're getting your AVI or MP4 files they may not be able to play everything you throw at them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.