FEATURED Hyundai Cilantro.. I mean Elantra!

I am painting my second set of vortex generators to match the body color of the car. 1 primer coat, 2 color coats, 3 clear coats. I want to take the current set off the glass and move the painted set to the roof about 5-6 inches forward of the rear glass. This should put the attached air layer down the back glass and over the spoiler. I can see where the airflow is hitting the spoiler currently and its the outside edges.

20230521-112343.jpg

20230521-115706.jpg

20230521-115711.jpg

Last edited:
I changed my only upstream oxygen sensor yesterday. Nothing wrong with it other than it has over 100,000 miles on it. So out with the old in with the new. I drive it 60 miles exactly and the CEL comes on. The code is P2237. Positive circuit open on my new oxygen sensor. So I clear it and drive another 40 miles or so. CEL comes back on. The O2 sensor for this car is not cheap. The parts store will not do anything except sell me another one. So I went online and matched up the numbers on the old NTK brand O2 sensor and ordered the exact same one that came out. That "should" get the car back to normal. The parts store sold me a "direct fit" sensor. However, my car is one of two variations (low emissions or ultra low emissions) apparently it matters. The weird thing is I gave the VIN to Hyundai and they couldn't tell me which version it is.

Edit:

Did some research and I have the ULEV (Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle) not the SULEV (Super Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle) so I get the extra 5hp. Also, I verified the correct oxygen sensor and I for sure ordered the correct part. The parts store gave me the wrong part but I am still stuck as it is an electronic part... meaning no returns once installed. Oh well, I will make the $160+ back Monday.
That blows. Perhaps you can recover some of your funds on ebay.

Getting a bonus check at work for... hell I don't know. So I ordered a few things for the car. 1 being a new set of Sparco hubcaps. I wanted a more symmetrical look. 2 the old hubcaps are trash. Should contrast well with the window tint and silver paint.

Attachments

• Rim.jpg
    Rim.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 14
I am so freaking stoked right now!! My sister just told me she dug through all the stuff I left in Ga the day my Brother died and she found my Image Dynamics IDQ65CS components!!!! She sent them to me and they should be here by the 9th. I never opened the box so they are still brand new!!!

I am so freaking stoked right now!! My sister just told me she dug through all the stuff I left in Ga the day my Brother died and she found my Image Dynamics IDQ65CS components!!!! She sent them to me and they should be here by the 9th. I never opened the box so they are still brand new!!!
That's awsome.

The Kenwood is doing some weird things all of a sudden. Randomly the head unit will go silent while playing audio from the USB drive. I will switch to the radio source for a few seconds then back to the USB and it will play fine. I have my eyes on some eXcelon DMX957XR's to replace the 706s I currently use.

It would go back to a full depth radio as apposed to my current shallow chassis but I think I have plenty of room back there. I would go from 1 usb to 2 usb's, gain wireless Android Auto (currently have only wired), gain the GPS antenna, will also work with the new dash cam, rapid charging through usb... everything else is pretty much the same.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...