FEATURED Hyundai Cilantro.. I mean Elantra!

New media drive for the car. Crucial X6 2TB Solid State USB-C drive.

20230325-204907.jpg

Just ordered the Male USB C to Male USB 3.0 adapter. This will allow it to plug into the Kenwood seamlessly. I will be able to hide this drive right in the black space under the radio.

I ripped half of my CD collection back 2004 - about 200 CDs and that maxed out my ipod. With memory so cheap now, I should get around to ripping the rest of my collection and carry it around in my pocket. :cool:

The weather was nice enough so I sanded and cleaned up a few rust spots due to door dings then painted them to seal them up. Looks much better. I will finish sand the spots later after they dry with 1K, 2K, then 3K grit and a buffing. I also installed my silicone license plate frame. Didn't even know they made such a thing but they don't vibrate!

20230326-130932-HDR.jpg

20230326-131404-HDR.jpg

Relay for my air horn came loose, turned upside down and somehow got water into the "waterproof" housing and fubar'd it. My horn worked, then after the rain, stopped working. I installed a temporary 40a relay until I get the replacement 80a relay. It works though.

Last edited:
Changed my A/C controls with a newer but still used unit so that all the bulbs would be working. Get her swapped in and now the fan speed bulb is out. Good grief. Now I have to swap in a bulb from the old unit.
I swapped out all my dash bulbs. 2 of the new ones are intermittent. Luckily when you've been into car audio for a couple decades taking apart a dash is easy peasy.

LED's didn't fit. So I found two of the old bulbs in my floorboard and reinstalled them. Son of a gun, they all work now. The two that were out are still dodgy and will flicker a bit until I tap the A/C controls housing then they light up solid. I have new OEM bulbs coming.

LED Bulbs in the dash and what not can be a real PITA with fitting. I finally gave up and just use LED's on the headlights, fog lights and turn signals. Even then the turn signals getting LED's to fit were a couple trial & errors.

For the headlights I went with these for my Explorer with new lens housings. The old housings were clear but OEM original from 2003. I even put the same company LED's in dad's snowmobiles and just on the main headlight with somewhat foggy lens housings the one LED was 10 times brighter then the two highs that are on there.

Can't beat the price at 60 bucks for low and highs for LED's. Plus they are adjustable with the LED housings which really helps with the fog lights on that Explorer trust me,lol. Biggest PITA ever changing those out. I'd rather do a conversion to LED on a G-Body Cutlass with those old big headlights then install Foglights again on that Explorer.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...