FEATURED Hyundai Cilantro.. I mean Elantra!

Yes, the depth. They ended up being slightly thinner than the stock speaker so that was a bonus.
Hate I couldn’t utilize my cdt mids. The cutout was too wide and I didn’t want to hack my doors up. Tried using speaker rings but then my door panels wouldn’t fit 100%. Therefore, I ended up buying a set of the infinity kappa perfect 600 or whatever the model is. Cutout was exactly like 5” or something and fit perfect. I am using the cdt xovers and drt 26 tweets. I’m happy with the match up.

Hate I couldn’t utilize my cdt mids. The cutout was too wide and I didn’t want to hack my doors up. Tried using speaker rings but then my door panels wouldn’t fit 100%. Therefore, I ended up buying a set of the infinity kappa perfect 600 or whatever the model is. Cutout was exactly like 5” or something and fit perfect. I am using the cdt xovers and drt 26 tweets. I’m happy with the match up.
Kappa Perfects are good speakers though.

Got the new brackets... crossing fingers for tomorrow.

20221203-180439.jpg

I got some new screws too... lil fellas, #10 x 1/2" to mount the speakers to the brackets. I am hoping the holes line up on the brackets with my factory holes on the doors though. The bracket I am using now does not line up with the 4 factory holes.

Ok, gonna try some other mounting rings... if they work they will add like an inch to the depth of my mounts... like 3"+ total. I measured my factory speakers mounting holes. 182mm Just like these new rings. I am also going to order the CDT 2 way crossovers pictured so they fit better inside my door panels and I don't ruin the cool crossovers... which will get used later ;)

ljllonrsjnlnnilnjroqtuoprmrqmuqmrmrk-EKBx.jpg

zxzz-CBFGx-Bz-BBwz-Bx-FCEHICDFAGDHBHEDDzy-SYPZ.jpg

xvxx-Az-DEvzxzzuxzv-DACFGABFDxy-DCz-FAFBw-QWNj.jpg

ex430-lrg.jpg

I'm getting excited!!! My new mounting rings came in. I shined a flashlight into the grills and I think there will be room for the new rings but they will be super close to the factory door grills now. I also don't know why I waited so long to test my speakers for polarity but sure enough the right tweeter was backwards. All fixed now and surprise surprise I got my missing highs. You don't know how much speakers will cancel each other until one is out of phase. So... I will mount the speakers into the new rings and run the speaker wires to the A-Pillars and run the 3.5's and tweets up there. I have some speaker gasket tape on the way so I can decouple the new mounting rings from the doors and the speakers. I guess I got no excuse not to run my full active setup.

20221210-173206.jpg

I realize the shortcomings of the factory 13 band EQ on board the Kenwood eXcelon head units. I just measured the Pink Noise in the car with a flat EQ and yeah, it needed help. Took several measurements using the miniDSP mic and the 90° cal file, REW with 1/6 smoothing at a 100db level. I had the mic in hand as I sat in the drivers seat with the mic pointed straight up. Took the measurement by moving the mic around my head to the left ear, the right ear, left ear, right ear, center all with the mic pointing up. I did this 8 times and adjusted the EQ between each measurement. She is still bumpy but the levels are much more balanced. I can't wait to EQ this with more channels and adjustable Q values. At least with the 3Sixty.3 I could jump right to the exact frequency and adjust it. This Kenwood eq has peaks and dips but adjust on either side of them... it's annoying.

Work, Ice, Cold, Snow and rain have my car stereo in a holding pattern but I watched a 5 Star car audio video and Dean was adjusting a Kenwood head units time alignment and he set all the distances to zero and started moving the right speaker away to move the image. I said well hell, maybe it will help my imaging. So I did the same thing... I will be dammed. It worked. Why is Kenwood weird with their delay??

I almost forgot that I can have like 3 other people in the car. There has been so much crap in it since I did the door speakers that I never cleaned out. Twas a mess. She is all cleaned out now and will be getting some new OEM floor mats soon.

I will be back on the stereo soon. Gotta hook up the 3.5's and relocate the tweeters back to the A-Pillars with them. I don't think I want to use the Dayton DSP. I miss my 3Sixty.3 so it will be back to that... or the AC 608.

Two MAJOR things I must do though and the first will come this month. I am getting an AGM battery and I have to upgrade this weak 90a alternator. It is going to be replaced with a 200a unit. 120a at idle. I know these subs hit harder in both G6's and they both had 125a alternators. My current battery is a correct 124R but its date code is 7/19 YIKES!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...