FEATURED Hyundai Cilantro.. I mean Elantra!

Been at it for a bit... Got one speaker mounting ring installed, got the amp gain set... what a pain in the ass to get wires into the doors. I am going to tap into them behind the radio. Max volume on the 706S eXcelon which is 40 and NO distortion on the amplifier using RF setup disc. I maxed it and the input clip light didn't even think about lighting up. Then I set the gain with a 0db 1kHz tone until the gain light turned blue. Ok, done with my cereal... back to it!!

Before the door panel went back on. I am not happy with the mounting ring at all. Flimsy and not enough material. These speakers are more shallow than the stock shallow speakers believe it or not. Midbass is lacking because of the total lack of door prep. Will rectify this summer when it is warm enough for deadener. They are loud and I am frying my left door factory speakers with the RF Punch P500x2 lol. I can smell them when the volume goes past 30 on its way to 40... you know that "Smells like fried coil" smell. Ahhhhh

20221126-155333.jpg

Before the door panel went back on. I am not happy with the mounting ring at all. Flimsy and not enough material. These speakers are more shallow than the stock shallow speakers believe it or not. Midbass is lacking because of the total lack of door prep. Will rectify this summer when it is warm enough for deadener. They are loud and I am frying my left door factory speakers with the RF Punch P500x2 lol. I can smell them when the volume goes past 30 on its way to 40... you know that "Smells like fried coil" smell. Ahhhhh

20221126-155333.jpg
I always put my Xovers under the front seats or just under the dash to get some air to cool off when running them hard and have access to switch the tweeter settings when I choose

You could build a new baffle for the door speakers out of Sintra or hdpe. Waterproof and comes in a few different thickness'. It cuts and shapes easy. Throw some butyl rope or rope caulk between the baffle and the metal of the door and another between the baffle and the speaker. Decouple all of the things. lol
Plexiglass Acrylic and Other Plastics - Precut Sheets or Cut To Size - estreetplastics
Weather ***** here in the Chi' too and I still have some fiberglassing to do.

I ordered the Scosche speaker mounting rings for the car as swapping those out will only take minutes per door. Other than being thin doors I love the amount of flat metal surfaces behind the door panels. I will be able to slap mostly full squares of sound deadening on the doors.

What tweeters you using? And let me know how how this shallow mount mids perform as far as midbass.
Oh man... These 6.5" mids can NOT handle that Punch P500x2 full tilt 0db gain set for more than 15min straight. I could smell the coil on the 6.5". I went to pick up lunch for the shop today and decided some Fleetwood Mac was in order. Volume level 40 (max) 10 min down the road, a brief break while I grabbed the food then 5 min on the way back before I could smell the coil. The speaker still works just fine as I let it cool off at a lower volume so it would still pass air over the coil. 250w rms to a 180w rms speaker. I think that says something for this speaker... it can handle some abuse. I think normal listening levels and this will play all day long. I listened to music with the volume level at between 30 and 35 all the way home for an hour and no smell, no issues. I am guessing the amp is more in the speakers rms range at those volumes. At 40 though.... NO DISTORTION.

Oh man... These 6.5" mids can NOT handle that Punch P500x2 full tilt 0db gain set for more than 15min straight. I could smell the coil on the 6.5". I went to pick up lunch for the shop today and decided some Fleetwood Mac was in order. Volume level 40 (max) 10 min down the road, a brief break while I grabbed the food then 5 min on the way back before I could smell the coil. The speaker still works just fine as I let it cool off at a lower volume so it would still pass air over the coil. 250w rms to a 180w rms speaker. I think that says something for this speaker... it can handle some abuse. I think normal listening levels and this will play all day long. I listened to music with the volume level at between 30 and 35 all the way home for an hour and no smell, no issues. I am guessing the amp is more in the speakers rms range at those volumes. At 40 though.... NO DISTORTION.
How’s the midbass?

I forgot, did you get that set for the price or due to depth restrictions?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...