FEATURED Hyundai Cilantro.. I mean Elantra!

If it's not one thing it's another. Yesterday my car acted funny. I have auto off lights when I set the alarm and my dome light fades out. Yesterday I noticed my lights were staying on after I shut off the car and set the alarm. I manually turned off the headlights and paid it no mind. Tonight, with my drivers door open, the dome light does not come on and the car locked itself... with the door open. My brain tells me it should not be the door lock actuator but is most likely the door jam switch. One of 4... at least I hope that's all it is.
You may try removing Power/ Battery cable over night and or the MAIN Vehicle Battery Fuse and try it next day to see if that helps at all. I had a Honda Accord that would do some weird electrical things from time to time. And pulling the Main Battery fuse 40/or 50 amp worked for a while. Later to find the ECU was going out. At the time that was a nice $500 part alone. It was worth the $ to get it fixed, as it was a beautiful car with only 140k on it. I ran it up just past 260k before I sold it to a neighbor of which he still drives it with over 370k on it. He just put a water pump and another Timing belt on it few months ago, and its still running strong

Just went out to the car and tested to door jamb switches on each of the 4 doors. Started at the drivers door. Made sure the dome light is set to "Dr" or door. Front driver door does nothing and the alarm set itself with the door open. Reset the alarm to off, opened the rear driver side door, light comes on. Close the door, light fades out. Continued around the car and the other two function correctly. So it is the driver door jamb switch. I ordered one from the eBay just moments ago after calling 3 different auto parts stores. All said it's a dealer part. I thought it might be. $11, no big deal.

Attachments

• doorjamswitch.jpg
    doorjamswitch.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 14
Just went out to the car and tested to door jamb switches on each of the 4 doors. Started at the drivers door. Made sure the dome light is set to "Dr" or door. Front driver door does nothing and the alarm set itself with the door open. Reset the alarm to off, opened the rear driver side door, light comes on. Close the door, light fades out. Continued around the car and the other two function correctly. So it is the driver door jamb switch. I ordered one from the eBay just moments ago after calling 3 different auto parts stores. All said it's a dealer part. I thought it might be. $11, no big deal.
Dammned switches!!!

I fixed my door jam switch problem with a jenuwhine South Korean part for my Hyundai. She's back to normal function. I also got a quote for some tint. $250 for LLumar window tint. I was happy to see the brand still around. I have worked with it and know it to be good. I think some ATC 15 Charcoal tint will look good on the silver car. I also got a quote for the TAT I am getting in memory of my brother. It's gonna be nice.

I decided to track down this awful vibration from the bass in the car. I know some is still coming from the back dash but I located some vibration coming from the headliner in several spots. I am going to have to drop it down and remove it, deaden the ceiling, deaden the headliner then hope for the best. When I pushed the headliner into the roof just behind the dome light, I cut the vibrations about in half. Uggghh.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...