FEATURED Hyundai Cilantro.. I mean Elantra!

ThxOne
Premium Member

The Boss
Ok, another swap/build for me. I removed the rest of the stereo from the Escape which is now chilling in the Cilantro... I am waiting for the wire harness and dash kit. Should be a simple head unit install. I am positive I accidentally left the Kenwood mic in the Escape. No biggie, I will order another one. The sub's fit nicely in the trunk. LOTS of room.

Alternator stock is 90amp. 200amp aftermarket is available. Battery is a 124R. AGM's are readily available. Stock door speakers are 6 3/4" with a tweeter in the upper door aimed at the dome light behind my head. Should be good for imaging. I need to order 0awg power and ground again. I have all other wires and needed cables. I will run the doors off the 4 channel active through the Kenwood head unit. Doors will be deadened. A lot. If I do this right it should sound better than the first G6.

The car has an aftermarket alarm tied into the factory keyless entry. I have already fixed the headlights and installed "6000K - 6500K" H7 LED low beams. It has begun!!

Build Photo
  1. Okay

Attachments

• 20231021_165942_HDR1.jpg
    20231021_165942_HDR1.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Took the car for a spin to town so I could test the head unit. The lights match the dash perfectly and it really woke these stock mids and tweeters up. Very loud on head unit power. Step one, done. I did decide that since the tweeters are mostly "on axis" I will run soft domes.

Step 2 will be getting the aftermarket door speakers done and the sound deadening.
Step 3 will be running the RCA's and remote to the subs as well as the 0awg power and ground and big 3.
Step 4 will be new amplifiers.
Step 5 DSP? Maybe? If I do, I don't want another 360.3. I am thinking the A.C. DM-608 or similar.

1/0awg KnuKonceptz amp installation kit ordered and on the way. When I removed the subs and amps from the Escape I left everything connected. Distribution blocks, all the 4awg cables, everything. All I have to do is hook up RCA cables, the remote and connect the power and ground cables to the distribution/fuse blocks and I am up and running.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...