FEATURED Hyundai Cilantro.. I mean Elantra!

I had a '99 Grand Cherokee if you buy one the 1st thing you do is upgrade to Akebono Front Brake Calipers, also rebuild that rear end right away. Those Dana 35's are junk from the factory as you know. When I did mine I went with the strongest stuff they sold for them and that finally held up. From '99-'02 there is a cutoff on the build dates for which ones got those junk Teves Calipers and ones that got the Akebono Calipers. Also if you get the 4.7 in it watch the blend door actuators on it. Know to go bad all the time. Can help you out with w/e you need done as I have a ton of information still on mine in my brain. Also the front steering shock they used....Make sure you replace that as well asap once you buy it. Those go bad all the time I used all high end stuff and each one only lasted 15-20k. Also if you want a small lift I have a guy in Arizona that sells NIP Overland Springs that will raise it 1" with just the springs and still allow you to use a good set of shocks. Best ones I found on that Jeep was the Bilsteins. Also for the exhaust....I also know which universal converter to use. The stock one flows at 80cfm or w/e the Universal Magnaflow you can use flows at 400cfm. Also the exhaust coming into the cat is 2.5" in on the front and out the back of it, it is 2 1/4". That same guy does a kit that upgrades the exhaust with the cat and trust me...mine sounded awesome after I did it. The HP change was noticeable and the exhaust sounded really nice even when I used a Stock OEM Muffler as I kept the SS Flowmaster I had on there before I sold it.

Last edited:
Thanks Mr. Bear. I always like to have 1 car and 1 truck or SUV. When it comes down to it I think this time it will be a 1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ. I have had XJ's and ZJ's and I miss them but this time I want a hair more luxury and more hiding spaces in the cargo area. If I can land a low miles WJ in good condition I will go back to a pair of 12" subs. Beefier than my JBL P1222's. Those subs hit hard but I think I will go a bit more modern. I would love a pair of DD 712 subs. Put my Smart 3 on them and just sit back and enjoy.
Ive heard and seen several issues with that vehicle.. Thus being very undependable and digging into the pockets to keep that thing on the road just on a yearly basis. I myself would look at a Toyota 4 runner or a Honda CRV or a 96-2003 Chevrolet Tahoe or Surburb,.. just from my experiences and actual surveys through a close family mechanic of over 25 years.. Though.. Buy what youd like.. Its your Money/funds/ I would research before buying though.

I don't know why I am asking this.

Two options - Both near the same price - Both brand new.

If the only two options on the planet were the RF 3Sixty.3 or the AC608 DSP's which one would you grab?
I havent been an RF fan since The DSM series amplifiers.. Another reason of Boycot as well. Ive always chosen a different brand since. Audio Control has always made top notch gear for years. I myself would lean towards that direction if it were my needs/wants.

Putting some new eyes in the Elantra!!

20220928-160443.jpg

Anything too dark is illegal anyways in every state for the front drivers & passengers side windows. I've even seen some tint the windshield itself and get busted for it by the cops,lol. Most are around 30-35% for the most you can do in the front windows, rear passenger windows don't matter.

Whoever did it, did a nice clean clear job of it.

Anything too dark is illegal anyways in every state for the front drivers & passengers side windows. I've even seen some tint the windshield itself and get busted for it by the cops,lol. Most are around 30-35% for the most you can do in the front windows, rear passenger windows don't matter.

Whoever did it, did a nice clean clear job of it.
The guy had that expensive machine that cuts the tint perfectly for the car. He removed all the door panels and cleaned everything before he applied the tint. I agree, he did very well.

I was just about to go out and run the power and grounds for the other two amps and run my speaker wires to the front of the car. It's 37° out there. Where the hell did fall go????
Haha, might want to wait til around noon. A few degrees makes a big difference. Fall is in the afternoon and winter is morning😁

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...