Hyundai Cilantro.. I mean Elantra!

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jun 28, 2011
Looks decent in the car. The A-Pillar is held in by a tab at the bottom and three press in plastic fasteners. I took some fast hard corners and she stayed in place. I am happy.

Hmmm. Speakers next to a vent?? Not sure Id do that. My truck flows regardless if I have the selector on or off. Defrost for your side windows I guess. Id prob raise them about 4 inches min. Be closer to the ear level, Thats me, Still looks badazz though. Sound to the user is all that matters

ThxOne

AudioFreak
5,000+ posts
Jun 8, 2018
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hmmm. Speakers next to a vent?? Not sure Id do that. My truck flows regardless if I have the selector on or off. Defrost for your side windows I guess. Id prob raise them about 4 inches min. Be closer to the ear level, Thats me, Still looks badazz though. Sound to the user is all that matters
It's hard to see but that is the defrost vent for the side window. I made sure the mid was high enough above it that it didn't obstruct the air flow. The full air flow does still hit the window.

Reactions: audiobaun

ThxOne

AudioFreak
5,000+ posts
Jun 8, 2018
I think I tracked down the actual rattle culprit in the trunk. Will update tomorrow with pics.

Reactions: Ridinhi

ThxOne

AudioFreak
5,000+ posts
Jun 8, 2018
Allrighty then!!! I removed the license plate lights housing and sound deadened behind it with the 80mil and added some Noico Re3d 150mil to the inside of the housing. I also took care of the license plate and mounting area then added some to the deck lid. I added some Noico Red to the insides of the holes under the lid but it's hard to flip over and take pics. The rest is what you see. Closing the trunk now sure sounds different.

KicktheSDbasshead

2 builds 2 feet
Jan 20, 2022
Allrighty then!!! I removed the license plate lights housing and sound deadened behind it with the 80mil and added some Noico Re3d 150mil to the inside of the housing. I also took care of the license plate and mounting area then added some to the deck lid. I added some Noico Red to the insides of the holes under the lid but it's hard to flip over and take pics. The rest is what you see. Closing the trunk now sure sounds different.

Nice

ThxOne

AudioFreak
5,000+ posts
Jun 8, 2018
Pulled the second A-Pillar and mounted the hardware!!!! I have some RTV black to make sure they don't back off the mount and pivot. It is gonna dry for the next day then back in the car for aiming.

ThxOne

AudioFreak
5,000+ posts
Jun 8, 2018
3 fingers on my left hand and 2 on my right. I used my knife yesterday but do not remember once cutting myself. Then, just a moment ago I remembered the foil on the sound deadening of the MAT66. YIKES!!!

Ridinhi

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Aug 8, 2006
3 fingers on my left hand and 2 on my right. I used my knife yesterday but do not remember once cutting myself. Then, just a moment ago I remembered the foil on the sound deadening of the MAT66. YIKES!!!
Yeah man, gotta be careful with deadener. I’ve cut myself a few times using it as well.

Reactions: ThxOne

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jun 28, 2011
I cut nearly to the bone once. learned that leather gloves are cheap 😬

ThxOne

AudioFreak
5,000+ posts
Jun 8, 2018
They are dry enough apparently. They were aimed where I wanted them so no aiming necessary. They look uneven but they are at the same levels on each a-pillar, the same height.

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jun 28, 2011
They are dry enough apparently. They were aimed where I wanted them so no aiming necessary. They look uneven but they are at the same levels on each a-pillar, the same height.

Look pretty dammned good to me. An uneven dash always looks awkward to me.Man, I bet it sounds pretty nice. I really like my CDT speakers. They seem to last thus far and have taken a beating, and still sound very nice. I hope you enjoy them

ThxOne

AudioFreak
5,000+ posts
Jun 8, 2018
Look pretty dammned good to me. An uneven dash always looks awkward to me.Man, I bet it sounds pretty nice. I really like my CDT speakers. They seem to last thus far and have taken a beating, and still sound very nice. I hope you enjoy them
They are just mocked up at the moment. Next up is sound deadening in the doors and the mounting of the CDT 6.5's. When I do those I will run the speaker wires from both amps for all those 6 speakers. I am taking it slow.

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jun 28, 2011
They are just mocked up at the moment. Next up is sound deadening in the doors and the mounting of the CDT 6.5's. When I do those I will run the speaker wires from both amps for all those 6 speakers. I am taking it slow.
Gotcha. Rushing tends to create issues. Doesnt hurt to take the time. Right On

• Thanks
Reactions: ThxOne

Create an account or login to post

You must be a member in order to post a message

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest threads