FEATURED Hyundai Cilantro.. I mean Elantra!

I've got 200+ lbs of sound deadening materials in my car and am still finding buzzes and rattles. It feels like it something your never really done with.
Tell me about it... I was driving today and started hearing more from the back of the car. I think the speaker wires came loose again. It's frustrating cause it makes bass sound lifeless and weak.

I like aluminum tape for any wiring I come across. I know its not a popular opinion but i like to mass load if and where I can as well. Non hardening modeling clay and lead shot works really well.I have around 4 lbs. per door per baffle. It's usually felt washers under upholstery pins and small pieces of butyl rope that do the best with panel buzzes though. You're always striking the best deal between trying to decouple all of the surfaces while maintaing proper panel fitment.

I like aluminum tape for any wiring I come across. I know its not a popular opinion but i like to mass load if and where I can as well. Non hardening modeling clay and lead shot works really well.I have around 4 lbs. per door per baffle. It's usually felt washers under upholstery pins and small pieces of butyl rope that do the best with panel buzzes though. You're always striking the best deal between trying to decouple all of the surfaces while maintaing proper panel fitment.
Here is the wire I am dealing with. I just tied it off again.

Attachments

• 20220621_165458.jpg
    20220621_165458.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 22
That may be a "fold wire and ziptie it to those bars"; sort of situation. Not ideal (moving part for the trunk). You could use some aluminum tape as well. Prep the surface with some isopropyl alcohol and a lint free rag and that tape will stick forever.

That may be a "fold wire and ziptie it to those bars"; sort of situation. Not ideal (moving part for the trunk). You could use some aluminum tape as well. Prep the surface with some isopropyl alcohol and a lint free rag and that tape will stick forever.
Yeah, those bars are the torsion springs for the trunk lid. I got some stuff to wrap around them though.

Some progress!!!! Once I have the mid aimed in the car I will secure its position with one more screw. Looks good I think!! The passenger side should be easier now that the R&D is out of the way... or is it trial and error?

20220622-153005.jpg

Here is the wire I am dealing with. I just tied it off again.
Either wrap that existing connector in packing foam and tape and Hot Glue it , or Cut it back approx 4 inches and remove the existing connector(save for future reconnect or use exposed wiring) and hot glue the wires or use Silicone be the cheapest way to stop that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...