How would i wire an On/Off Toggle switch for my amp

yep. 2 prong switch, just cut the remote wire in half. one side goes to one prong on the switch, the other half goes to the other prong.
oh that should be super easy.. just have to find a place to mount the switch.. ill probably have to cut into my dash somewhere wont i

or just wire your remote wire into an always hot fuse in your fuse box..and put a switch in line, run it to your rem on your amp.

might be the easiest way?

and whats with all the remote wire questions tonight..

or just wire your remote wire into an always hot fuse in your fuse box..and put a switch in line, run it to your rem on your amp.
might be the easiest way?

and whats with all the remote wire questions tonight..
and he will forget to turn it off, draining the batt leaving his car dead for some reason, or get some mysterious noise.

then come back on here makeing a new thread complaining about it.

Man you could set a 2 prong switch anywhere i got my hiding actually like underneath the centel console like tucked in right there right on the bottom right hand side of me:) , barely noticiable>).

I did the cut off switch while I was planning to put my system together. I have an older truck and I just put my hand under the dash and hit the "old man" switch to cut the bass. It helps on 400 mile trips and the bass can get to be too much.

I also shut my amp down while pulling onto my block and wait until I leave to fire it up, keepin cool in the neighborhood and letting my air compressor run better.

My wire goes headset to switch to amp. That simple, can't be forgotten on and doesn't need another fused source (I ran out a while ago.)

dont currently have a system any more, waiting on some subs and an amp. but I do still have the remote wire and switch I installed. I ran the remote wire from the fuse for my radio to a switch that I installed inside my center console, then ran it out the other side of the switch to the amp. I would have it off when I picked up my son from day care. I would put him in the car seat, buckle him in, then get in the drivers seat, turn on the car, turn around and ask him "Jim, what do you say now?" His answer, "Daddy, turn on the BOOM!"...so I would turn on the switch for a few seconds of bass so he could enjoy it. Then turn it off before we got moving. Only turned it on for long periods of time if it was just me in the car.

Either tap inline with the wire coming out of the HU, so it will power off with the car.

Or use a bright red LED toggle switch tapped into a 12v source. Only requires a 1/2" hole to mount it and you won't miss the bright red light reminding you to turn it off. At least I don't....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.