How To Secure The Woofer On A Stripped Box, Any Repair Ideas?

crispy highs
10+ year member

MAN,

My box has stripped out a few holes and I'm looking to secure the woofers in each chamber. If it was a ported box it would be no big deal, but this is a sealed box.

Does anyone have any idea's on how to secure a woofer into a box with stripped holes?......other than turning the woofer around. I mean something more durable, like a metal attachment that secures the woofer on both sides of the wood so it never strips out, Is there such a thing? or does anyone have any ideas?........//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

I'm a little but confused...but it sounds to me like you just have a few stripped holes in your box. More the sub clockwise until you see no holes(where you screw your screws to hold the sub down) and screw er' down there.

- Steve

Originally posted by ss3079 I'm a little but confused...but it sounds to me like you just have a few stripped holes in your box. More the sub clockwise until you see no holes(where you screw your screws to hold the sub down) and screw er' down there.

- Steve
Dude, I just said that.

I have other holes cause the woofer has already been turned a few times. I just would like to know if you guys have had this problem and done anything magnificent that would be more durable and not as damaging to the mounting edges.

Sorry man, I would just like to skip the work of repairing the particle board in the future, maybe I'll have to come up with something myself and get rich......... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Heh, crap that particle board in the first place and build yourself a real box made out of MDF.

Anyways, another option is just to replace the whole top piece with a piece of MDF.

- Steve

You can use T-nuts, or if you are set on reusing screws, you can use the original screwholes, by gluing some toothpicks in the holes then rescrewing the screws back in.

maybe im missing something but how are u gonna get a nut/bolt tight on a sub if you dont have access to the inside of the box..... ?????????

Originally posted by bobhope maybe im missing something but how are u gonna get a nut/bolt tight on a sub if you dont have access to the inside of the box..... ?????????
Do you know what a carriage bolt is /?? It will hold in the wood by itself from the back side

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.