how to go about updating my amplifier with my current setup?

Participant count
  • Participant list

gud

CarAudio.com Recruit
Florida
2002 LS430

Car has a factory amplifier that powers the door speakers and stereo. I replaced the factory stereo with a Sony XAVAX1000 and have a RF R2-1200X1 amplifier powering my two subwoofers. I replaced the blown factory speakers with Polk speakers, but they don't sound good running on the stock amplifier. Audio sounds fine at lower volumes. But at just above medium volumes it begins to clip the door speakers. Volume clips way too low, these speakers are definitely more powerful than what's coming out

how do I go about upgrading my sound? the bass is great, but the rest is not. can I replace the factory amplifier with OEM or something better? Or would it be best to wire it all through one amplifier alone?

2002 LS430

Car has a factory amplifier that powers the door speakers and stereo. I replaced the factory stereo with a Have you tried adjusting your sound with the equalizer on your new Sony deck? and have a RF R2-1200X1 amplifier powering my two subwoofers. I replaced the blown factory speakers with Polk speakers, but they don't sound good running on the stock amplifier. Audio sounds fine at lower volumes. But at just above medium volumes it begins to clip the door speakers. Volume clips way too low, these speakers are definitely more powerful than what's coming out

how do I go about upgrading my sound? the bass is great, but the rest is not. can I replace the factory amplifier with OEM or something better? Or would it be best to wire it all through one amplifier alone?

Have you tried adjusting your sound with the equalizer on your new Sony deck?

I wired my speakers through a separate amplifier. Pulled the signal from my sub amplifier, using RCA cables.

Have you tried adjusting your sound with the equalizer on your new Sony deck?

I wired my speakers through a separate amplifier. Pulled the signal from my sub amplifier, using RCA cables.
Yeah, I've tried adjusting the EQ. Made a little difference but the audio is still not going high enough. My old car without a dedicated stock amplifier sounded way better at high volumes and high notes.

If you have not already done this, do a thorough job of sound deadening the doors before spending a lot of money new equipment. This is probably the most important thing to do to improve the sound of your system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...