How to get a 14.4 volt signal??

When your car is on, you should be running about ~14 volts. When the car is off you should be around 12.5. Check what you are running at with a multimeter.

well I checked it and I am getting a solid 14volts to my amps. When I turn the vol up loud and it starts hitting good the volts go from 14 to 15.5 or so. I guess this cap is doing its job.

Now I am stumped. I have tried almost everything I could think of. The only thing left is to build a smaller box tomorow. I think mine is too big.

Neither a cap or battery would increase your voltage beyond what your alt is putting out. If you're getting an increase in voltage when your bass hits then either your multimeter is out of whack, or your voltage regulator on your alt is out of whack. The voltage is probably dipping on the bass notes and then spiking afterwards and you are seeing the spike on the meter.

that is probably what is happening. But it is not dropping much at all when the bass hits. So since I have a good volt signal coming from my power supply I just don't know what to do besides build a diff box.

I will see tomorow. It may be that I am so used to a sealed box. I have never ran a ported box in any of my many systems. This is my first one.

where can I get polyfill? I was told to add some in my box when I build it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.