• Carpet (dark grey)

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (please explain in post)

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

helotaxi
5,000+ posts

Kilroy was Here
What do you guys think? Pics are of the bare panels. What should I cover the lower corner of the door with to hide the seam between the pods and the doorpanel? Please vote...

568418_14_full.jpg

568418_15_full.jpg

Where's the poll ? :p

Looks great, by the way. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

- Steve

fiberglassing over the seam, sanding and painting, making it look like 1 continuous piece of painted plastic, could be a lot of extra work but it looks very clean

I'm with the guy above.

Vinyl would look awesome as long as it didn't look out of place, if you know what I mean.

- Steve

fiberglassing over the seam, sanding and painting, making it look like 1 continuous piece of painted plastic, could be a lot of extra work but it looks very clean
I thought about that. I will have to smooth the seam anyway, but getting the texture of the pod to match the existing texture of the plastic panel will be nigh impossible. I want the whole thing to look like it came that way from the factory.

If I were to smooth the whole door, what color do you think would look good? Would Duplicolor bedliner look good? It would add some durability and some texture (hiding any small imperfections //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif) and I think they make it in the color of the interior of my car. I am worried that if I smooth the whole door panel, I would have to do the same for the rear doors to get it to look right and that is just a lot of work. The only way I could justify doing something like that would be if i were to integrate the EQTs into the rear door panels. A ton of work but might be really cool.

The only way I could justify doing something like that would be if i were to integrate the EQTs into the rear door panels. A ton of work but might be really cool.
That would be worth it, in my opinion. How cool would that be ...

- Steve

ya, you're right, having front doors different than the rears would just be weird, but that EQT thing is an idea... and about the bed liner, durability is good, hiding imperfections is good, and if it matches the color of your interior it'd probably work well

I've heard of people covering their kickpanels and lower halves of two piece door panels where they have done some serious custom work with the bedliner with good results, so I thing that is the route I may go, but still looking for some other opinions. I will definitely keep the idea of the door EQs kicking around in my head. It's not like anyone sits back there anyway //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

not to steal your thread or anything but does that bedliner stuff come in dark/navy blue?
Most bedliner companies have a set number of colors, but will match color's to get it to match your interior, exterior, existing bed color, or even an aftermarket paint color.

The stuff in the cans you buy on the shelf at hardware / automotive stores should most definitely come in a navy / dark blue color ... and if it doesn't, I've seen seperate kits where you can "mix your own color".

- Steve

How about going baller style and convering it with some LV leather //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...