how much power does it take to break windows?

Losing sleep over the possibility of shattering your windows is like buying a condom because the Olsen Twins are in town. Could it happen? yep... is it going to? nope.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/ladysman.gif.b3d08666a805020911dd758f82cd9ab0.gif ... hey it could happen lol...

But anywho... Breaking a window with your stereo is like everyone else said almost impossible unless you are doing 160+ db in which case, if you are doing that you should already have your windows replaced with another material....

most of the time, the window frame with torque the window- or when the glass was installed, it was flawed. or even the window frame was off by a little putting pressure on it.

the bass dosnt break glass on its own people.

u won't break ur windows. a higher frequency tone will shatter glass much more frequently and easier than low frequency. have u ever seen a baritone singer shatter a glass? no? what about a soprano? yes? there you go. even if u think about it, vibrating it 20000 times a second vs 10 times a second will cause it to go faster...in theory.

if ur talkin about me......f*ck u. i saw the window shatter. and im not talkin windshield. windshields are the only windows that have the ability to not shatter. im talkin about a 350 Z's side glass.
No, actually I wasnt.

He might have read this on some amplifier reviews on cardomain, or on ebay, saying somethin like..

"This amp is so loud it blew out all my windows"!!!!!

Thats what I was warning him against

So we've basically decided that resonant frequency is the most likely way for the lot of US to blow out the windows, not to forget having a sub in the door (very common as well).

Resonant frequency took down the Tacoma Narrows bridge in 1940...

get a spark plug, shatter it to pieces with a hammer. then throw a piece of the white ceramic that you broke up at the window. watch the window shatter to pieces even if you just toss that piece very lightly and that piece is a couple of grams heavy, it will shatter that **** window with the least of power needed. cool huh?

that is an old trick, and is completely irrelevant. Nevertheless, kinda fun
hahah true.. but a very quick question: does anyone know exactly what causes spark plug fragments to shatter windows so easily?? i never understood how they shatter glass so easily.. just curious to know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.