How many watts can my subwoofer take in RMS Watts??

Participant count
  • Participants list

JVinsnes

CarAudio.com Newbie
Norway
I have a 12" subwoofer from an unknown maker. Poison Audio. I have no idea of how many watts it can take so i am a bit worried of blowing it. I am using a 2.600 uscarvor 600w 2 channel amp in bridged mode. The sub is wired in series (dvc 4ohm) to make a total of 8 ohms. The sub looks exactly like a proson 10" i saw on google once, except from the dust cap as well as the size of course. How much power can i expect this to handle? And also, does it pair well with my 600w amp?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Alright sorry this took so long. Here's the update. I tried out all the sets of speakers, the black diamonds did not fit front or back. I think if...
5 ch amps can get expensive and most of the sub stage lacks power for a decent mid-sized sub. And end up running hot. Some times its best to look...
This is a little more money but well worth it from looking at the reviews. And it's Korean.
I wouldnt waste the time or money on OEM speakers to be placed back into any vehicle unless you plan to sale the vehicle and remove the after...
With half inch MDF, it's like 4.27cu/ft internally not including sub and port displacement. That's like 3.5 to 3.8cu/ft after displacement. You...

About this thread

JVinsnes

CarAudio.com Newbie
JVinsnes
Norway
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from