How many are running BX1500D's @ 1 ohm??

Slody4Futbol
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Jackson, MS
I sent mine back and should be getting another in the next 2 weeks. I'm just wondering how many at this forum are running their hifonics brutus amps @ 1 ohm? How long have you been doing this? And have you had any problems? I ran mine at 1 ohm and it died in 2 days. Less than 5 hours of play. I'm wondering if I should run the new one with my 4 polk momo's @ 1 ohm... or ditch one of the subs and build a new box and run it a lil over 1 ohm. Anyone??

Ya man, I had a Hifonics amp a while back and I ran it at 1 ohm, pos **** died after 2 days also. Was not happy. Very common problem it seems with others also.

Peace

Mine worked flawlessly at 1 ohm for months until I blew a fuse related to my dash lights. That somehow upset my amp. I am sending it to be fixed and I will let you know how it works out in the future.

T.J.

I've been running mine at 1ohm for about 1-1/2 months now. Not one single problem from it.

It doesn't draw much current or anything. I disconnected it, and hooked my friends JBL 1200.1 up to my sub, and it almost made my car cut off,lol. My lights looked like when youre at a theater, and the lights dimm when the movie is about to start. Inside AND outside my car.

1 Crystal CMPx2 15" dual 2ohm sub, wired in parallel = no problem.

I love mine so far.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.