how low can I crossover hertz HT28 tweeters safely?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Id stay above 1.5 on steep slopes and 2 on shallow slopes.
But honestly. Try crossing in the 3-5khz range and see how it sounds. My ESKs really like around 4.5.
I did try it in the 3-5 range for a long time, I don't like the way the mids sound in that range. Maybe I should have left the mids lower and just left a gap, idk.

Well have you rta'd it? What was it that you didnt like about it? Was it peaky at a certain range?
How are your speakers aimed?

Whats the rest of your setup? Head unit,amp, ect.
Rta from my phone shows a big drop off at 8k, mids just sound gritty and harsh, much better when I drop them down to 2k.

80prs active

Doors sealed and dynamat

NVX JAD800.4

Tweeters pointed at me

Mids in stock door location

Ive had the prs for a few months now. and im just now getting it to a point where i really like it.

Have you tried changing slopes? http://www.caraudio.com/forums/general-discussion/614087-when-adjusting-slopes.html

Look at what KHA has to say. If you have 12db slopes. you need to flip your phase. IE: if you have your woofer at 5khz, at -12db, then flip the phase of your woofer. chances are that will make it in phase and sound better.

Play with slopes. play with crossovers. play with phases on each. If certain vocals hurt your ears at certain points on songs, it could be because on axis response on Hertz speakers is crazy good and thus gets pretty peaky at certain times. i had to tame my 1khz by a huge margin. because my tweeters are both on axis to my head.

I was under the impression that if the TA was set good, there is no reason to play with the phase? I did mess around with the slopes and crossover settings when I had the XO in the 4-5 range.

Always a reason to play with phase. Slopes affect phase. You said it sounded better crossed over lower. Then just cross it there. Try overlapping x-over points. like woofer in 4hz. tweeter at 3hz

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.