How Loud is 5000 watts RMS

Mrjones203

CarAudio.com Newbie
All over
This question might be stupid but I have a Cadillac escalade that I'm shoving 5000 watts in. The loudest system I ever had was 1500 watts RMS. I really dont know what to expect. I want that kind of Bass that can be heard from atleast a block away. My electrical is 100%. 2/0 welding cable, 3 xs power batteries, 2 mechman 370 alternators and SMD fuse holders and fuses. Any response is welcome even if you wanna be smart and sarcastic. Thanks in advance

This question might be stupid but I have a Cadillac escalade that I'm shoving 5000 watts in. The loudest system I ever had was 1500 watts RMS. I really dont know what to expect. I want that kind of Bass that can be heard from atleast a block away. My electrical is 100%. 2/0 welding cable, 3 xs power batteries, 2 mechman 370 alternators and SMD fuse holders and fuses. Any response is welcome even if you wanna be smart and sarcastic. Thanks in advance
If your enclosure is well designed it will be audible from long distances at 5000W. I don't think people are thinking what you hope they are about your music though. When I hear distant bass in a residential area I think someone's got something to compensate for. The Escalade isn't doing you any favors there either. There is a very powerful Yukon that drives around here, though he's got the decency to turn it down around houses and doesn't park with the music on high. I doubt he has 5,000 watts and you can hear it inside commercial businesses.

I have honestly stopped myself from asking questions on this site due to the number of smartasses here.

The most likely answer you will receive will be requesting more details. 5kw is very vague due to the number of manufacturers and differing integrity of manufacturers, among other factors.

I personally am running around 2.5kw-3kw and my dad (who has significant hearing loss from his career using air-tools) heard me in the house around 80 feet away.

If your enclosure is well designed it will be audible from long distances at 5000W. I don't think people are thinking what you hope they are about your music though. When I hear distant bass in a residential area I think someone's got something to compensate for. The Escalade isn't doing you any favors there either. There is a very powerful Yukon that drives around here, though he's got the decency to turn it down around houses and doesn't park with the music on high. I doubt he has 5,000 watts and you can hear it inside commercial businesses.
Yes the enclosure was specification built for the subwoofers that I purchased. Not doing this to compensate for anything. Was more of a bucket list kind of thing. As far as this Yukon you speak of did it have to be close by for you to hear it? Just basically trying to get a understanding of what 5000 watts is like in general.

Yes the enclosure was specification built for the subwoofers that I purchased. Not doing this to compensate for anything. Was more of a bucket list kind of thing. As far as this Yukon you speak of did it have to be close by for you to hear it? Just basically trying to get a understanding of what 5000 watts is like in general.

What subs and amp(s) are you running? That might give us a better idea. There are variables involved.

Inside the building with 3 walls of separation, you'd hear it in the walls from a block away. Then you'd hear the notes when it was on the road in front ~100ft. Outside the building you'd hear it about a block and a half away. He kept his windows down or it wouldn't be quite as loud. I see his car around a lot, just only hear it in certain areas so I've got nothing against him. Nothing wrong with a bucket list, but framing it as noise radius is gonna raise some eyebrows lol. 5kw and custom built box you'll need a permit with the windows open. I reckon his is a little more powerful or the same as the one jt4x4 described. Yukons and Escalades make pretty good installs when money's no limit.

I have honestly stopped myself from asking questions on this site due to the number of smartasses here.

The most likely answer you will receive will be requesting more details. 5kw is very vague due to the number of manufacturers and differing integrity of manufacturers, among other factors.

I personally am running around 2.5kw-3kw and my dad (who has significant hearing loss from his career using air-tools) heard me in the house around 80 feet away.
Understood Understood. I know what you mean when you say integrity of manufacturers. Im pretty sure this will be 5k rms. or very close if we are factoring in box rise and impedance resistance

Put your purse down and quit being so sensitive.

To get to the vague question I have seen people with 5k struggle to do a 145 and I have seen people with 5k do a 160.

Too many factors.

My two Sundown SA-8s on a 1200 could be heard from a block away if I wanted to be annoying.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.