How do you figure out port size to put in box? Sub i have calls for 1.o cu ft box sealed and 1.1 ported the box i have is 1.048 im wondering if i wan

ports work nearly identical to subwoofers. the larger generally the better for output but they do have limitations. i like to do 14 to 24 per cube depending on tuning and power.

for example if you have 4k and a 18 with a tuning of 35 id go with at least 100in regardless of box size.
if you have 4k tuned to 40 85 can be used because you directly limit the displacement at higher tunings.
too much port area is like having to low of a QTS. they start to peak hard near tuning and fall off fast after tuning. in most cases 12-16 works great but if you build a SPL car do big and work your way down

thx everyone for the replies the speaker was given to me already in a box its old as hell but i just wanted to play around with it, so i could learn something i hooked it up as it was to see how it hit then i took the speaker out of the box and noticed that only one of the 2 voice coils were hooked up so i ran par and put back in box the sspeaker is pioneer TS-w3041DVC i looked up the specs and said prefers a sealed enclos of 1cuft which pretty much what its in i figured it out to be 1.048cuft and said ported 1.1 so if i threw a port into the box how big how long how would i figure that out? is there a formula?

ports work nearly identical to subwoofers. the larger generally the better for output but they do have limitations. i like to do 14 to 24 per cube depending on tuning and power.

for example if you have 4k and a 18 with a tuning of 35 id go with at least 100in regardless of box size.
if you have 4k tuned to 40 85 can be used because you directly limit the displacement at higher tunings.
too much port area is like having to low of a QTS. they start to peak hard near tuning and fall off fast after tuning. in most cases 12-16 works great but if you build a SPL car do big and work your way down
ok so ur basically saying like the volume of the inside of the port at 14 per cuft of box so if i have a 4inch tube it would only have to be roughly 3 and half in long right? am i understanding that correct?

Ok thanks for the info im just getting back into car audio was into it from early 90s til prob 03 then didn't have the money to play with now i have a system i slapped together just off of things ivr been gathering over the years as others gpt rid i snatched them up and just kept stacking it up so i finally thru something together i still have about 9 amps sitting on a shelf along with a few different boxes with 10s and 12s along with everything else but im building a new system in a different car and im getting all new so that why i came back to this site for info im not up on all the brands anymore lol b4 internet i had about 6 different subscriptions to different audio magazines the internet really makes research so much easier lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.