How do i get winsdid program (SP?)

abcdefg
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
where can i get this box building program i had it at one time but cant find it so if sumone can give me the link for the website to download it, i want the one were the sub list is already on there, i donloaded one b4 and it didnt have anysub lists on it so any help would be apreciated

really, the graphs on ISD are pretty much useless

you can email RE and they will send you the specs, which you can manually load

if you are just trying to calculate box siz, tune , and port length/area....just plug in any driver

really, the graphs on ISD are pretty much useless
you can email RE and they will send you the specs, which you can manually load

if you are just trying to calculate box siz, tune , and port length/area....just plug in any driver
I think people might use it for calculating port lengths more than anything. I look at the frequency drop-off chart, but it doesn't really affect how I'm going to design a box.

I think people might use it for calculating port lengths more than anything. I look at the frequency drop-off chart, but it doesn't really affect how I'm going to design a box.

so it dont matter which driver you choose to determine port lengths and freq of box?

No, I tried switching the drivers just to see if anything happened, it didn't affect the port length at all. You just have to subtract the volume of the driver yourself.

No, I tried switching the drivers just to see if anything happened, it didn't affect the port length at all. You just have to subtract the volume of the driver yourself.

what i dont get is like say u want the box to be 3.5 cubic feet ported to 35hz, and say ur port is 12x4 inches wide, then u put all that into the calculator, then say the port has the length of 28inches to be the 35hz, now is the box still 3.5 cubic feet? since the port is gonna be taking alot of the box or what? i just dont understand that, i made a box a few weeks ago its external dimensions ended up being like 3.6 cubic feet and then i fig the port was like 20 sumthin inches for the freq i wanted and then by the time i put the port in there the part were the sub had left looked like 1.5 cubic feet, so is the box still 3.5 cubic feet or is the box only like 1.5 cubic feet?????

Well.. when you're plugging into WinIsd all it's figuring out is how long your port should be. You're assuming it's changing the volume of the box as well, when it's not. It's just saying this is the length you'll need, according to the volume and area of the port.

As long as your port is the correct area and length, build the box around the port so to speak, so you can figure out the correct volume. Get it?

Well.. when you're plugging into WinIsd all it's figuring out is how long your port should be. You're assuming it's changing the volume of the box as well, when it's not. It's just saying this is the length you'll need, according to the volume and area of the port.
As long as your port is the correct area and length, build the box around the port so to speak, so you can figure out the correct volume. Get it?

but say u have a port that is 14 inches by 2 wide and u want it at 30hz, for the 3 cubic feet u put in it says the length is lets say 14inches long for the port, then now if u have 1 cubic foot box for 30hz with a 14x2 port, the port length will be different right? so now if say RE recomends the box needs to be 3.5 cubic feet tuned to 40hz, when u put it in Winisd u put 4.5 cubic feet, and ur port size lets say 14x2 again and the port length is 22inches long, now the port takes up a good quarter of the inside of the box, now is the box still 3.5 cubic feet tuned to 40hz or is it lik 2.6 total cubic feet? since the port is in there

winisd calculates everything using net volume...so for example

example; #'s are fake

you want a 3ft^3 volume after displacement tuned to 35hz, with 80" of port

plug in 3.0 and 35hz....on vent page, make your dimensions for 80", ie; 8"x10"....then it will give you your length

find the volume of that port, LxWxH, using the outside dimensions to compensate for the thickness of the wood

add that, the displacement of the sub, and any bracing

port = .89ft^3

sub = .16ft^3

braceing = .73ft^3

add it all together....a total of 4.78ft^3...that is how large the enclosure has to be total

winisd calculates everything using net volume...so for example
example; #'s are fake

you want a 3ft^3 volume after displacement tuned to 35hz, with 80" of port

plug in 3.0 and 35hz....on vent page, make your dimensions for 80", ie; 8"x10"....then it will give you your length

find the volume of that port, LxWxH, using the outside dimensions to compensate for the thickness of the wood

add that, the displacement of the sub, and any bracing

port = .89ft^3

sub = .16ft^3

braceing = .73ft^3

add it all together....a total of 4.78ft^3...that is how large the enclosure has to be total
Thats the exact method i use and it works great.

lol.. this is really hard to explain. You're going too far with WinIsd. The only thing it's doing for you, is calculating how long the port should be, according to the volume of a box, and the area of your port. Pretend the box is non-existant, but you want it to be 3.5 cubes. You then tell it the area of the port is 14 x 2 inches. It will give you the length of the port that you would need to make in a 3.5^3 box. So, I'll just throw out a number. Say your port is .35 cubic feet in volume. You would need to build a box that would be 3.5+.35+(displacement of driver). Sort of get it? If not, hit me up on AIM, might be a little easier.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.