How do I bypass the Protection Device on this amp

Participant count
  • Participant list
This amp will give you 1,750 watts @ 1 ohm. It was just released from Sundown.

View attachment 30509

I have no doubt this amp will put out good clean power. It would be a better match up for a pair of 1000w subs over the sfb1500

That said idk the differences between the 2 nor do I want to invest the time into it.

My main worry is that he has the electrical to feed the amps and that he knows what ohm load is and not to win too low. Then proper gain setting comes into effect.

The days of wiring to .5 daily are fading fast considering how cheap power at 1ohm is. To me there is no reason to wire so low.

I dont want the guy to dump money into a quality system and then immediately blow it up.

I have no doubt this amp will put out good clean power. It would be a better match up for a pair of 1000w subs over the sfb1500

That said idk the differences between the 2 nor do I want to invest the time into it.

My main worry is that he has the electrical to feed the amps and that he knows what ohm load is and not to win too low. Then proper gain setting comes into effect.

The days of wiring to .5 daily are fading fast considering how cheap power at 1ohm is. To me there is no reason to wire so low.

I dont want the guy to dump money into a quality system and then immediately blow it up.

The OP said that he wanted 1,000-1,600 watts rms. So, I recommended the Sundown SIA1750. The SIA amps have boards similar to the Sundown Korean SALT line of amps. The SIA amps also do very similar wattage @ 1 ohm and 2 ohms. He does need to make sure that his electrical is straight before installing anything.

Cool :) Best advice I have received on car audio since I started installing them (Self taught) back in 93. I will follow those steps because I started working on this project in my spare time (day off) a week for the last few months, and honestly want it to be just done an sounding good.
Excluding the electrical, and wiring on a 1,000 budget what would you recommend for a 06 Monte Carlos LS. Headunit, door speakers, 6x9s, amp n subs if I were to sell what I have then start from scratch. I can workout the kink

I have discovered the problem which has been the problem since I hooked up 5 different amps since installing the Rockville 12" Subs. Both subs when hooked up alone to any amp put it in protect mode after trying to turn the volume up. Any ideas what's happening here. They are dual voice coil subs.

I have discovered the problem which has been the problem since I hooked up 5 different amps since installing the Rockville 12" Subs. Both subs when hooked up alone to any amp put it in protect mode after trying to turn the volume up. Any ideas what's happening here. They are dual voice coil subs.

Wired wrong. What ohm are the DVC subs?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...