How dangerous is bluetooth in cars - health concerns about cancer etc?

bluetooth operates on the 2.4Ghz spectrum. It overlaps the WiFi signal base frequency except WiFi is stronger.

Just a smidge lower on the frequency is XM Satellites which are Geosynchronous... they are constantly plastering North America with those frequencies 24/7.

Just slightly down on the frequency from there is GPS.
Lets also no forget cell phone signals
RF from lots of electronics to include cars.
FM/AM Transmitters
TV broadcasts

So unless you live in a faraday cage with no electronics of any sort (Amish and even then, they have cell phones), you are getting a constant dose of Electro-magnetic frequencies from audible all the way to cosmic on the daily.

When your number is up, it is up.

Mate, I understand what you are saying has a good point but as others have stated, we expose ourselves to many dangers throughout the day, including electro-magnetic fields, even a huge subwoofer has a magnetic field but does it cause harm?

To add to your story, we also touch many chemicals throughout the day, and some we smell, as well, everyday products emit either electromagnetic fields, and then you have biological exposure as well. I understand I am getting off the topic here but to provide reassurance, it could be for a short while and some exposure more harmful than others. I think blue- tooth would be least of our issues here.

I guess you can educate yourself with items that emit electromagnetic fields but then you may but products not made in your country and they may have a different way of measuring which maybe higher then the safety standards in US or Australia (where I am from).

Its hard to get a correct reading as products from different countries are measured differently and products keep changing too!
Like microwave ovens.

I hope the best you can do is read up on items that emit dangerous electromagnetic fields. I know some households who dont have a microwave oven for the same reason.

As the world keeps changing and products available worldwide, its hard to keep track of every brand, and such measures. I guess if there is something that you are really concerned due to personal health, you can always omit that item in your home.

Old(ish) thread that got off topic, but bluetooth is similar to wifi, and operates at 2.4 giga hz. It's short range, and isn't too powerful. I wouldn't be any more concerned about bluetooth than wifi, which is all around us all the time. That being said, we don't always understand health risks of things until something has been causing problems for a long time. *Yes, I understand this may apply to the corona virus thing*

Side note about 2.4gHz, I just installed wifi controlled light switches in my house and they're awesome. 10/10 would recommend. Very convenient.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...