How can my phone affect my system

Participant count
  • Participants list

RaceDVS

CarAudio.com Recruit
I have a 2 focal ps165fx component sets, 2 alpine type r 10" subs in a sealed box, an arc audio 600.4 Amp and 1100.1 Amp and Sony xav 5500 head unit in my 2015 gti with a mosconi 6 to 8 pro dsp.

I have had it tuned many times and I cannot get away from most of my favorite music (rock and metal) sounding too crystal clear and ear shredding. Almost every other type of music sounds absolutely amazing.

Could this be that my phones potential as a source is simply lacking? Is there a source that could stream Tidal that would make a difference, and bridge the gap between bass and highs that I feel is missing most of the time (for the music I typically prefer)? Or do I need to invest in other speakers that simply have different attributes in their sound production than the focal I've got.

I have a 2 focal ps165fx component sets, 2 alpine type r 10" subs in a sealed box, an arc audio 600.4 Amp and 1100.1 Amp and Sony xav 5500 head unit in my 2015 gti with a mosconi 6 to 8 pro dsp.

I have had it tuned many times and I cannot get away from most of my favorite music (rock and metal) sounding too crystal clear and ear shredding. Almost every other type of music sounds absolutely amazing.

Could this be that my phones potential as a source is simply lacking? Is there a source that could stream Tidal that would make a difference, and bridge the gap between bass and highs that I feel is missing most of the time (for the music I typically prefer)? Or do I need to invest in other speakers that simply have different attributes in their sound production than the focal I've got.
What phone?

What is the source of the music? Some satellite service or random MP3 or Youtube? Have you confirmed the music you're not happy with isn't just mixed that way, like by listening to the same tracks on some reference system in your home?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...