Horrible LOUD SQUEALING SOUND from my Boss Audio head unit 611UAB!

Participant count
  • Participant list

tbarber1027

CarAudio.com Newbie
I've had a Boss Audio head unit (#611UAB) DIGITAL Media AM/FM Receiver in my Honda Civic for the past year running fine.
Today while playing an MP3 file on a flash drive, suddenly the unit started SQUEALING VERY LOUD!
All the buttons on the head unit were useless, shutting off the ignition switch did nothing, pulling the fuse for the car stereo out of the dashboard did nothing! I had to disconnect the battery ground lead to get the noise to stop! After reconnecting the battery the stereo runs normally again.
Anyone ever had any kind of similar difficulty with Boss Audio head units?

I’ve been having the same issues with my Pioneer avh-x4800bs.
I’ve already decided the next time it happens, I’m gonna just drop the cash on an Alpine, with apple car play.
My suggestion to you is to never buy Boss anything...it’s all junk!
Buying a reputable unit should solve your issues.
I bought my Pioneer through Facebook marketplace, I figured it was having problems, that’s why it was up for sale in the first place.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.