FEATURED Hooptie Scion TC build

I broke something in the box. Thinking a window brace. Terrible rattle above 40hz. Also thinking about cutting down the port to raise tuning. I'm tuned to 28hz and it will play 20hz full tilt no problem and moves alot of air but I don't listen to music that low. Lowest songs I play are around 26hz.

Other than that I have been beating the hell out of these cheap subs and they have been very impressive.

Alternator has been fantastic.
40ah Yinlong has been fantastic. So glad I went lithium.
Sweet!

Come rebuild it for me. 92* out and I'm dying... 🥵

I wanted the subs up front cause the whole roof is glass and didn't want to damage the hatch.

uhhhhh.jpg

Last edited:
Uhhhh. Who would have guessed the amp would have popped before the $70 subwoofers.... Not I... My 13th Taramps amp and first to blow on me.

I think vibration got it. It's all boxed up ready to be sent in for repair. Have a new "temporary" amp coming as well.

****....jpg

That ***** pop! How have the subs been holding up otherwise? Looks like they are now up to 110 bucks,lol just like anything else these days prices going up like crazy.

Fantastic. For the price they are well worth it. Yeah I have been shocked with the prices while I have been shopping for car audio... I want to upgrade this year but just because I have to itch to go louder. Right now I'm leaning towards two Fi MT 18s.

Love my Fi Xv3's so much with the dual spiders and what not. When I upgrade it will be to another Fi subwoofer as the quality and price is worth it. Yeah the wait ***** but you get what you pay for especially with car audio anymore.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...