FEATURED Hooptie Scion TC build

One day of having an LC1 again and I hate it so much. The noise introduced from 1/4-3/8 gain on the knob is awful. Ordered my favorite EFX RLC knob today. My lithium is pretty close to my Taramps amp and the runs are super short, the welding cable didn't want to flex nicely so I wasn't happy with how it looked. Ordered some Knukonceptz 1/0 OFC to redo them.

Sunroof is making some god awful rattle so I gotta figure that one out. I hate sunroofs so much...

Gotta get some carpet to wrap the box as well...

good thing I read this cause like you, I’ll be remote bass knobless due to the taramps smart 5k and will need one. I won’t be going with the lc1. The efx rlc is good tho? No noise or any funny business?

good thing I read this cause like you, I’ll be remote bass knobless due to the taramps smart 5k and will need one. I won’t be going with the lc1. The efx rlc is good tho? No noise or any funny business?

Yes. A guy on a Facebook group did a big review on all the knobs years ago and the EFX RLC was his number one pick. I bought one then and loved it. I have had three now and they have been fantastic. The one I ordered for my TC came in yesterday and it's so much better now. No noise at all.

So far so good. Pretty impressed with the subs for how cheap they are. Have not smelled coil at all. Plays down to 26hz no problem which is as low as I wanted. Voltage is very consistent 15.7. Super impressed with the 40ah Yinlong and alternator. I am having an issue with the alt charging at Idle. Seems the car likes to idle around 600rpm hot and alt doesn't turn on until 650. Autotech told me to give him a call tomorrow to see what we can do.

Staining the box today.

So far so good. Pretty impressed with the subs for how cheap they are. Have not smelled coil at all. Plays down to 26hz no problem which is as low as I wanted. Voltage is very consistent 15.7. Super impressed with the 40ah Yinlong and alternator. I am having an issue with the alt charging at Idle. Seems the car likes to idle around 600rpm hot and alt doesn't turn on until 650. Autotech told me to give him a call tomorrow to see what we can do.

Staining the box today.
Is it a 1-wire (self-exciting) alternator? If not, I'm curious what causes zero output with the motor running.

Staining the box today.

Are you running a shorter belt on the alt?

Two wire alt. Blue 12 volt to positive post and Yellow 12 volt source wire. Factory plug is bypassed.
If the regulator is regulator is user-replaceable, you could switch to a self-exciting regulator: They start producing when they reach a certain rpm and don't stop until you turn the motor off.

First time staining turned out like shit.... lol :ROFLMAO:

well.....jpg

Okay Sam from AutoTech is sending me a prepaid shipping label and he is going to take care of me. Great guy. He said they don't do self exciting regulators though.

Got AT alt pulled to be shipped back tomorrow.

Stocker is back in for now.

stock alt.jpg

Since I'm back to stock alt I decided to pull the lithium battery and amp out to clean up wiring and add some stain to the front.

No more visible spaghetti balancer wiring.
LTO.jpg

Front stained and now cleaning up all wiring.
Amp and batt out.jpg

I think it looks just fine man. I am not a box builder. I have issues at times as well. Been quite some time since I myself built my own enclosure. How is the front stage holding up??

I think it looks just fine man. I am not a box builder. I have issues at times as well. Been quite some time since I myself built my own enclosure. How is the front stage holding up??

Thank you sir. Front stage is great but honestly I want louder. Thinking about just adding more power since I am really under powering the mids.

I would like a bigger 4 channel with clipping indicators but pickings are slim, might just buy another SQ100x4 and bridge it to the mids or just replace my 100x4 all together with a Taramps DS2000x4.

Last edited:
So got off the phone with Stephanie from AutoTech and she said the "alternator tested fine" But It was "overheated from not being grounded"... I told her it 100% was grounded. You can even see in my picture posted here the two 2/0 grounds going to the ear of the alternator. She said but it's powder coated so that does not work. I told her the powder coating is grounded off the ears before the alternators are even sent out. The whole point in me sending it back was Sam was going to see what he could do about getting it to charge lower. She said you need to raise your idle. Which I have explained a few times isn't possible as it's drive by wire and no tunability available for them. She said she would have Sam call me back.

Last edited:
So got off the phone with Stephanie from AutoTech and she said the "alternator tested fine" But It was "overheated from not being grounded"... I told her it 100% was grounded. You can even see in my picture posted here the two 2/0 grounds going to the ear of the alternator. She said but it's powder coated so that does not work. I told her the powder coating is grounded off the ears before the alternators are even sent out. The whole point in me sending it back was Sam was going to see what he could do about getting it to charge lower. She said you need to raise your idle. Which I have explained a few times isn't possible as it's drive by wire and no tunability available for them. She said she would have Sam call me back.
Hope he takes care of you man!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...