Hooked Ground to + and + to Ground...but

smmmokin

CarAudio.com Newbie
Canada
So the amp is a JX10001d. Such a dumb thing to do(No bad smell came from the unit. Took about a minute to realize and unplug it) But the odd thing is with it wired correctly now the power light comes on the amp and everything seems fine. No fuses got blown anywhere and when the vehicle is turned off the amp switches to protect mode. Turn vehicle on it switches to power. Tried everything but can't get any sound to a sub(Tried multiple). I'm confused because the amp still powers on. Could something inside the amp be messed up? Is it safe to open it up and look without worrying about a shock? Cost so much money so I'm sad and depressed and hope one of you have a magical solution. Thanks for any info.

I will add I've been using the amp and sub for a long time. Never has issues in the past. Needed to clean out my truck so unhooked and pulled it all out. RCA cable to/from the deck is hooked up, everything seems good.

Last edited:
The inside of this thing looks mint. What exactly would be wrong with it? Nothing is burnt or smells burnt. I don't get it. I've seen people say something inside the amp gets fried when they do what I did and there could be smoke or smell but not in this case. Any ideas?

At the top of the board by the power/ground inputs, it looks like the Q5 and Q6 transistors are toasted and have black soot. The Q6 transistor's middle leg is broken, too. I'm not an expert, just my observation.

At the top of the board by the power/ground inputs, it looks like the Q5 and Q6 transistors are toasted and have black soot. The Q6 transistor's middle leg is broken, too. I'm not an expert, just my observation.
hmmm. I'd like to look underneath. I'm scared to touch it in case its holding a charge. You have any idea if it'd be safe to start touching the board? Either way I appreciate the input. You're nice!!

How did you miss that? 💀 View attachment 18669

:( I plugged positive to ground. I'm just the kind of person who would miss that lol. Bought the truck used thats my only defense. Even tho there is clearly a blue cable running from the positive battery terminal.

This really *****. Thanks people. Appreciate your time. Meanwhile my friend gave me a cheap Sony xplode 1000watt amp and another buddy gave me a type r 15". Amp overheats in 10 minutes. So thats real good. But man that thing pounds. Good times. Good times.

:( I plugged positive to ground. I'm just the kind of person who would miss that lol. Bought the truck used thats my only defense. Even tho there is clearly a blue cable running from the positive battery terminal.

This really *****. Thanks people. Appreciate your time. Meanwhile my friend gave me a cheap Sony xplode 1000watt amp and another buddy gave me a type r 15". Amp overheats in 10 minutes. So thats real good. But man that thing pounds. Good times. Good times.

Meh it happens. You can message an amp repair place and see if they can give you a round about quote for repair. Might not be worth it though. Shane Ekstrom in Florida does good work but shipping would probably be pretty costly.

Meh it happens. You can message an amp repair place and see if they can give you a round about quote for repair. Might not be worth it though. Shane Ekstrom in Florida does good work but shipping would probably be pretty costly.
Appreciate it. I'll check around see if there's anyone around here. Might as well. Thanks again!

Appreciate it. I'll check around see if there's anyone around here. Might as well. Thanks again!
From now on...check, double check, and triple check your connections, before installing your fuse! It pays to be meticulous, when installing sensitive gear.
Looking at the inside....that really don’t look like too hard of a fix, if you can get your hands on the Right components.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.