Home Theater & Multi House Speaker Redo & Improvements

Participant count
  • Participant list
Testing fan fitment (first pic fans aren't tightened):

The next part is the "worst" part. I drilled 14x 1" holes at the top back for ventilation. I didn't know the back piece was a veneer covered piece on both sides, and it was really dense, all of it. Holy hell that was worse than birch, very dense wood and veneer. Some of the veneer chipped off, mainly on the inside. It was allowed to be done that way, nobody cared, you can't see it from any angle, unless you stick your head in the cabinet or look at the back of it, which requires pulling it away from the wall. This thing is very heavy. So I did color in where the veneer ripped and I colored in the holes I drilled, to make that bright wood almost black, so you can't really see much contrast when you see the holes.

Pushed up against wall, most pic are with the cabinet away from the wall:

Final wiring! Except for sub wire and for output to second receiver for first receiver, those have to be purchased, still:

This is the speed controller for the fans:

I forgot to take a pic with the drawers in lol:

All the wires were left loose, there's a lot of length of wire in the cabinets, so you can just pull the receivers and zone selection board out if it needs service. Also left loose because I still need to add a sub RCA and some sort of audio output to other receiver.

The fans turned out well. One of the fans is a little noisy, just more than the others. But it flows air very well, the ventilation works. Fans are on the lowest speed, keeping everything cool and still pretty quiet. You have to be within a few feet just to hear the fans at all. You can being to hear them with the stereo on LOL.

So all 6 extra speakers worked, and the surround sound. Everything worked, for that I am grateful. That's pretty much it, I may add some pics from the sub wiring and whatever I figure out to do to get signal from the first receiver to the second. Time for rest, hahaha

I have a Denon amp as well, mines a higher model than that one but same difference
I picked up a NAD power amp to run my centre channel a while back
I had to use the Dayton LOC to get a signal to it
It used to be that all the amps came with pre outs for every channel so you could run power amps to everything and just use the receiver for what it is, a receiver but times change I guess

I have a Denon amp as well, mines a higher model than that one but same difference
I picked up a NAD power amp to run my centre channel a while back
I had to use the Dayton LOC to get a signal to it
It used to be that all the amps came with pre outs for every channel so you could run power amps to everything and just use the receiver for what it is, a receiver but times change I guess

This thing has settings options that I need to look through. I can't believe it doesn't have at least 1 full range output. It has the HDMI output, but not any RCA one. It should be required that every receiver has at least one full bandwidth RCA audio out connection. It has RCA video out, but not RCA audio out. That's strange to me.

Mine was different because of it being the center channel
Its where all the voice's come from when in 7.1 mode but I have the fronts by-amped so it's really only 5.1
I took apart a set of towers and built a box for them that fit perfectly under my TV but one channel of 110 watts was not enough
I have always wanted to pick up a plate amp and build something 4th order band pass and throw one of my subs in it but they are complicated to build and if you get it right it pounds but if you get it wrong...
Don't be surprised if I hit you up for some specs sometime this summer.
There is an alcove at one end of my living room that would be perfect for it with tons of space just the way you like it

Mine was different because of it being the center channel
Its where all the voice's come from when in 7.1 mode but I have the fronts by-amped so it's really only 5.1
I took apart a set of towers and built a box for them that fit perfectly under my TV but one channel of 110 watts was not enough
I have always wanted to pick up a plate amp and build something 4th order band pass and throw one of my subs in it but they are complicated to build and if you get it right it pounds but if you get it wrong...
Don't be surprised if I hit you up for some specs sometime this summer.
There is an alcove at one end of my living room that would be perfect for it with tons of space just the way you like it

I'm working on home audio horns and parallel 6th orders, I have a plate amp and a sub too, I'm in the same boat as you.

I cannot find a way to get any audio out signal of this receiver. I may have to use a line converter and make the second speaker zone output go directly to the RCA's. It's f*cking godd*mn stupid that any audio receiver doesn't have full spectrum RCA outputs. Sh*tty design.

I've gotta use the second zone, which is unused, and I'm going to run a speaker wire to RCA converter on the second zone speaker outputs, and see if I can make a permanent volume control. That's the only audio output I can use for the second receiver for the other speakers.

I could use the Zone 2 output and wire that to the 6 zone switchboard, but those zone 2 output will struggle to drive all 6 of those 8 ohm speakers, being that each channel is like 75-100 watts, that'd be like 25w per speaker, which isn't good enough. The second receiver does more power and if I use the setup like a 7.1, then that main receiver will be at full output driving 11 speakers and a sub, that's a lot of stress on that unit.

I gotta use the Zone 2 outputs from the main receiver as RCA signal for the second receiver. Idk if running 11 speakers off a barely 100w per channel amp will work well, lol. Using zone 2 as signal will be very little stress on that part of the amp. You know, you gotta imagine a hot summer day where all speakers are played loudly, that main receiver would really struggle to power all of those speakers loudly, and I'm sure it would get really hot. Best to let that second receiver power the extra 6 random room speakers and leave the main receiver only on the surround sound.

So, after reading through the ridiculously long manual for the denon receiver, we figured out for whatever reason, the second zone only accepts analog signals, and not digital. That's so stupid, because if you run the second zone as part of the first zone surround system, then the second zone amp will use digital audio, like the rest of the surround sound does. But if you do zone2 by itself, you have to use analog only. WTF? How can it work on digital, and then not work on digital? That has to be a cheapness thing. So instead of making the second zone work on digital, they put god knows how many analog connections on the back, so you can run both digital and analog side by side from the same source, instead of just allowing an internal processor for the digital to analog for the second zone. Ugh.

Shouldn't matter for music but I have found in the past that if you run analog and digital at the same time the timing is off
Every movie you watch is like a badly dubbed Japanese western

Shouldn't matter for music but I have found in the past that if you run analog and digital at the same time the timing is off
Every movie you watch is like a badly dubbed Japanese western

I noticed that too. It does matter for music, if the music source is digital. It just depends on what the OG signal source is. This is so stupid, the process in the receiver should allow for signal from any source on any channel.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...