Hiss? Loop?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Heathen

CarAudio.com Recruit
Auckland
I'm chasing the cause of, what seems to me, Ground Loop.

I turn the headunit on, and the speakers have a low hiss. Once the media is about to start, the hiss gets louder.

*Headunit is new and not faulty (as far as I can tell).

*Problem is present for all sources (video, USB, radio)

*I've tried earthing the headunit to the same place as the amplifier - no difference

*Different RCA cables were used, away from where the existing ones run, and that made no difference either

Any other ideas? Of could this interference be something other than Ground Loop?

Depending on the HU.. Its possible that a FIRMWARE UPDATE could solve your issue.. Other than that.. Id suspect the amplifier to be at fault. Try A RESET on the HU to reset everything FIRST to see if it will go away after retuning. If it persist.. Id try That Firmware update. and next step would be get amp bench tested somewhere or do yourself (out of the vehicle )

Last edited:
Right now.. BNEW or not.. People working in shipping and delivering are being overworked and under paid and packages are taking the majority of the Stress one has during these times.Thrown. Kicked, Tossed, drugged, ran over,dropped from 20ft up?? I mean who knows these days??? That BNEW Radio/HU may have internal damage??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...