High ohm load capable amplifier?

Belialz

I'm looking to run an Eminence 21" Pro Audio subwoofer In a paraflex enclosure. The problem that I'm having is trying to find the right power to push this 6 ohm subwoofer. It's not a DVC, it doesn't come in any other ohm load except for 6. this is not going to be a competition SPL system. this is going to be very musical but extremely loud. We all know all car audio companies list their amps in low ohm loads. I need three to four thousand watts in 6 ohm.

Man that sub is 97db, you could probably get away with a 2000 @ 4 ohm amp and never turn it all the way. That'd net you around 1500w @ 6... and with that kind of efficiency... probably make your ears bleed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.