Hifonics Brutus elite 35th anniversary

Yep and I tried to get a XTR 2500.1 but no way am I paying 450 bucks for one. The XTR series is legit, idk if I would trust some of their other lines but that one oh yeah in a heartbeat. Old school Orion is also always good as well. Then again most companies back then were good and not the crap we deal with today.

Those Orion prices went through the roof after the dyno vids.

I sold my Xtr2500 before I ever even hooked it up. Everybody on here told me that my 95 amp alternator couldn't run it. I think I paid $299. Sold it for $250.
Screenshot_20200925-200140_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200925-200159_Gallery.jpg

Made a big mistake selling that thing. That is/was a better amplifier then the Taramps. Now you can't find them for less then 450 anywhere. I know I tried before settling on the Cab-22 2k.

Made a big mistake selling that thing. That is/was a better amplifier then the Taramps. Now you can't find them for less then 450 anywhere. I know I tried before settling on the Cab-22 2k.

My car couldn't run it. You could've at least gave me some credit for getting it before the rush. I didn't want a $300 paper weight laying around. Your choices are limited with a 95 amp alternator and a 55 year old car. 4,050 rated rms. on a 95 amp alternator is respectable. The OP should get the Orion XTR1500 or a Smart3K.

But a 3k Taramps can be run? If you can run that 3k Taramps you could have run that XTR, cleaner power and better components and a hell of a lot better warranty. Not too mention if it does blow after warranty amplab and others will repair it unlike Taramps

But a 3k Taramps can be run? If you can run that 3k Taramps you could have run that XTR, cleaner power and better components and a hell of a lot better warranty. Not too mention if it does blow after warranty amplab and others will repair it unlike Taramps

It takes way more current to run that Orion. All the veterans told me my electrical couldn't run the Orion. I've had one warranty call on Taramps and had a brand new amp at my house in two days. The original amp was actually good, installer error (not me). They didn't want the second amp back (DS800X4). They told me to keep it.

Didn't even give it a try....Yeah it takes more current we all know that with the Orion. But setup right with the right lith batteries. I would have given it a try before going to Taramps. You got that one warranty but Taramps has a so so history of doing warranties and its proven no one wants to repair them.

Either I am done here and crawling to my couch for the night

Didn't even give it a try....Yeah it takes more current we all know that with the Orion. But setup right with the right lith batteries. I would have given it a try before going to Taramps. You got that one warranty but Taramps has a so so history of doing warranties and its proven no one wants to repair them.

Either I am done here and crawling to my couch for the night

If Sundown is going full bridge, people will definitely start repairing them.

My car couldn't run it. You could've at least gave me some credit for getting it before the rush. I didn't want a $300 paper weight laying around. Your choices are limited with a 95 amp alternator and a 55 year old car. 4,050 rated rms. on a 95 amp alternator is respectable. The OP should get the Orion XTR1500 or a Smart3K.
Thanks for the advice i appreciate it hard to get my hands on the xtr here in Canada unfortunately im trying me best if not ill settle for the sundown sfb 1500 or the taramps smart3k

Go with the Sundown over the Taramps. Better warranty and they will stand behind their product. Don't get me wrong Taramps has their place but amp repair places won't repair them, they will repair Sundown products. And sundown as state will with their 2 year warranty.

Also really? Because Sundown goes full bridge that means amp repair places will then start to repair Taramps? Good luck with that as they have all said they won't do it now or in the future. Sundown has gone full bridge with their new lineups for the past few months on their budget line. 1 year warranty vs 2 year and we all know you had one replaced under warranty due to installer error and was able to keep it. But too many people have had issues with their warranty, you don't hear that at all with Sundown unless you see something like this and this is user installer error big time....They burned a Salt-6 to a crisp inside and out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.