Hi, I need help about speakers. BLAM, Focal, Hertz, Musway...

Participant count
  • Participants list

LEOopasni2709

CarAudio.com Newbie
Croatia
Hello guys, I am soon changing my car and my front speakers need replacement because they are too small. I currently run Hertz Dieci DSK 130.3 Alpine bbx-t600 amp wich puts out 50w on 4ohm / 70w on 2 ohms and for sub i have Focal P30DB on Alpine MRV-M250 amp. I was looking at BLAM Relax series 165rx wich is rated 75W RMS at 2 ohm so I wonder if anyone has ever tried it. Other one I considered is Hertz Cento Pro CPK 165 wich is rated 105w at 4ohm. These two cost about 170euro in Croatia and that is max i would go becausse I dont see any point in getting more expensive speakers for this setup. So do you guys have any recomendations what should I put inside? Thanks

I've never heard of the BLAM brand but Hertz seems well regarded.

Almost all of the active members on this board are in the USA so we probably do not know what options you have there.

I've never heard of the BLAM brand but Hertz seems well regarded.

Almost all of the active members on this board are in the USA so we probably do not know what options you have there.
Yea, they are also not very known here so I tought maybe I will have luck here on forums. I looked at shops here and I think I will upgrade my amp and go with some Hertz speakers. We unfortunately fo not have a lot of options here...Hertz, Focal, Musway, DLS, Hifonics, Boston and few more

Yea, they are also not very known here so I tought maybe I will have luck here on forums. I looked at shops here and I think I will upgrade my amp and go with some Hertz speakers. We unfortunately fo not have a lot of options here...Hertz, Focal, Musway, DLS, Hifonics, Boston and few more
Out of the lot, if I had to buy sight unseen I'd lean towards Focal. Doesn't your local shop have a sound room where you can listen to them in person?

Out of the lot, if I had to buy sight unseen I'd lean towards Focal. Doesn't your local shop have a sound room where you can listen to them in person?
Unfortunately no, one local shop is pretty small and sells via internet and only does installs in shop and other shop is bigger but has no sound room. Unfortuantely we do not have dedicated store only for car audio :(

Unfortunately no, one local shop is pretty small and sells via internet and only does installs in shop and other shop is bigger but has no sound room. Unfortuantely we do not have dedicated store only for car audio :(
Will either shop do return/exchange if what you buy is just terrible? Here in USA I would tell someone to buy online from Crutchfield, they are very good about allowing you to return/exchange things if they don't work for you or you are unhappy.

Hopefully someone can help you who knows more about those brands, but keep in mind most of this is completely subjective and what may sound good to me may be not the kind of sound you prefer.

Will either shop do return/exchange if what you buy is just terrible? Here in USA I would tell someone to buy online from Crutchfield, they are very good about allowing you to return/exchange things if they don't work for you or you are unhappy.

Hopefully someone can help you who knows more about those brands, but keep in mind most of this is completely subjective and what may sound good to me may be not the kind of sound you prefer.
Yes, one shop is absolute best and last time they let me return it even when i mounted it on the car and tried it :)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...