Hey everybody! Getting back into car stereo some after years of absence. Got a few questions

Participant count
  • Participants list

jordanCS

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey, so I used to be in the forums on car stereo on a daily basis, but life happened some, and I didn't have as much time for it for a while.

Anyway, I have a different car. A 2013 Honda Civic. I'm trying to put one of my old woofers in it as a first step to this process.

I'm wondering what the best / easiest ways to add a subwoofer to a stock audio system are.

I know I can use a line output converter, but I'm wondering what the drawbacks of doing so are.

Would it be better to buy a new head unit and run everything from there? I'd rather not go through this time and effort since I don't know how long I'll have this car, but if it will provide much better quality, then I may do it.

Or.. maybe something like this would work? https://catalog.pac-audio.com/catalog/best-kits-installation-accessories/bha1730
Specifically, that says 2008 - 2012 Honda models, so I don't know if that would work for me. Just wondering.

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

I saw a DSP getting mentioned in some of the other threads. I'm not very familiar with digital signal processors. Would this take a large amount of effort or money to accomplish or is it fairly straight forward?

Oof on the ELD. Looks like a bit of a pain to deal with. That super *****! But thanks all for the LOC suggestion. I have done that before, so I'm very familiar with how to deal with that. Going to need to educate myself on ELD bypass for my car before embarking on this adventure.

Looks like there are some guides for previous generation hondas. 9th gen being one of the most recent does not have the same attention yet. I'm hoping something easy can be done... If anyone knows of anything, let me know

It's only a 500w amp. Its the Alpine mrv-m500 i believe. I can verify that shortly. I dont think its necessary to bypass the ELD with something that simple, but if I ever get to something more powerful, I can. However, there is a workaround by just turning on the headlights, the alternator kicks into high and the voltage kicks up to 14.5 or so.

I know the alternator is like only 80 Amp or so, so putting something more powerful in this car is going to take a lot of effort. I figure if/when I do that I'll bypass the ELD.

Getting some copper 8gauge wire from knukonceptz with inline fuse holder and probably their basic rca cables. Any other suggestions? Am I forgetting anything? I've got speaker wire and such.

Also, I just noticed my surround has a small tear in it that I'm going to repair. Any suggestions on foam repair.. I've heard shooglue or something, but wanted to ask the experts :)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.