Hertz or Audison 2-way Speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

Covrc

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi All, first time post. I have a brand new 2020 Prius prime. Stock stereo, not the JBL. I’m looking to upgrade speakers and I am considering 2 way components up front, with a new amp and a DPS. Local shop in Exeter New Hampshire Audiobarn is recommending (2) Audison Prima 2-way component (F&R) and Addison SR4 4-channel amplifier(Possibly a 5 channel if I want sw in future). I’m also adding the Hertz H8 DPS. Couple RCA cables and power ground fuse holder.
He quoted $1700 for parts and $680 percent for install and DSP tuning.
Or should I use the exhisting rear speakers for low end, not spend the money on 2nd set of Primas, the install labor and spend that savings on the front part of the system? Maybe get Hertz?
Your suggestions are most welcome. Thanks.

Well... It IS good gear. Doesn't seem to be "over charging" too much. Labor may be a bit high. You are gonna want that sub for bottom end.
I'd say your car is going to sound pretty nice but are they throwing in any sound deadening for that price?
If you are going to run a DSP, drop the rear speakers all together, run the front speakers and a subwoofer. That's the four channel amp with the rear channels bridged for a sub.

Thanks for writing, if I drop the rears, I was thinking of ‘upgrading‘ fronts with Hertz Mille Pros or are the Audison Primas good enough gear?
Does the Hertz H8 DPS take the place of the crossovers that come with the speakers?

Thanks for writing, if I drop the rears, I was thinking of ‘upgrading‘ fronts with Hertz Mille Pros or are the Audison Primas good enough gear?
Does the Hertz H8 DPS take the place of the crossovers that come with the speakers?
Yes, the DSP will take place of the crossovers as they are built in to the DSP along with time alignment and equalizers. All of which can be fully controlled by you. The Primas are good but if you like the sound of the Hertz better then go with what your ears like.... but definitely demo both speakers together if you can before you chose one over the other.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.