Help with 1996 Crown Vic wiring

Participant count
  • Participants list
I'm putting an aftermarket head unit in a 1996 Crown Victoria--or at least trying to. I cannot find the proper adapter harness to connect the aftermarket radio to factory wiring.
The stock radio has 2 plugs going in the back. 1 is the standard gray 8-pin Ford that's used in numerous models and is easy to find. The other is this weird little 16 pin plug that only uses 8 of the pins. Images attached.
I've taken this car into numerous car audio places, asked Crutchfield, and no one seems to know where to find a harness that fits this thing. I was recommended numerous Metra harnesses, but nothing has fit. Note the placement of the receivers for pins connecting from the stereo/adapter.
Car info: 1996 Crown Vic, base model, no premium sound system, no factory amplifier.
Any help or recommendations is appreciated.

Attachments

• plug1.jpg
    plug1.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 318
  • plug2.jpg
    plug2.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 233
My Vic is 05 and had a large plug then a smaller plug. I only need to utilize the larger plug. This could be your problem here. You only need to connect the 1 plug

My Vic is 05 and had a large plug then a smaller plug. I only need to utilize the larger plug. This could be your problem here. You only need to connect the 1 plug
I tried that method, but the 8 pin gray only supplies power to the head unit. I could load CDs, connect Bluetooth, control the dimmer, and so on, but without the 2nd plug, I got no sound.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.