Help! Wanna build a custom box don't know where to begin

Participant count
  • Participant list
I'm planning on upgrading my current system. Im getting 3

2 Rockford fosgate p3-d4 12. The truck I'm putting this system in is a 96 Ford ranger extended cab. This would be my first time ever building a custom box. I have no clue where to begin. Also I want the box to be vented or ported. Depending on what would sound better. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

What amp/load and how do you envision the enclosure configuration?.. what's the max dimensions you have to work with?

I'd suggest learning to model the subs up and using Torres box calculator if you really want to do it yourself, otherwise a member can help you with a design.

This is one for 2 P3's on 1200 watts I did...

wYFblS.jpg

Just list your goals and possible tuning, space available and amp/load and someone probably will assist you unless you'd rather learn how to do the whole process yourself.

32 p3s? Did i read that right?
would be a sick build lmao.

I'm planning on upgrading my current system. Im getting 32 Rockford fosgate p3-d4 12. The truck I'm putting this system in is a 96 Ford ranger extended cab. This would be my first time ever building a custom box. I have no clue where to begin. Also I want the box to be vented or ported. Depending on what would sound better. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
vented/ported is the same exact thing. Sub up, port up if the box is going to be above the window line in height. If not then subs forward side ported to the passenger door.

If you are getting rid of the whole back of the seats, do 15s, kuz fk it. JK, go out and measure the length x width x height of the space you have/willing to give up and we'll figure out something.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.