Help, sub crossover problems

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jakerrr
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
All my crossovers have always worked perfectly fine. Today I swapped my kicker zx1000.1 out to hook a taramps hd4000 2 ohm up. My head unit crossover was set to "through" whenI had the zx1000.1 because the amp x-over was pretty good. Tried the same thing with this and no matter what it lets higher frequencies pass to the sub. If I turn the lpf all the way down to 50 Hz it does attenuate 40-50 Hz and above a good bit but STILL lets clearly audible high frequencies through. I then figured I'd just have to use the head unit crossover. Set it to -24db per octave. Still lets high frequencies through. The crossovers are functioning somewhat because I can clearly tell it is attenuating frequencies as I change the x-over point so idk why I'm having this problem. Please tell me what might be happening lol

Bump. Could my hd4000 be fake? Box was pretty banged up looking and worn to bits but the amp looks as legit as anything. The upper midbass frequencies being emitted by the sub are dragging my stage backward and it is unacceptable to me but I have no idea what is going on. And why the f do the taramps lpf's go up to 15 kHz? That's insane for a mono amp. I guess for concerts and such?

you need to have that lpf barely turned up, my hd3000 was like maybe 1/10 of the way turned. i didnt have this problem, but my headunit cuts off all frequencies above 80hz and they're specifically subw pre outs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.