Help selecting a encloser for my new sub!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

HomeyDClown

I just got a Diamond Audio HP12 sub. I'm looking for the right enclosure for it. I know that buying/building a custom box would be perferable but I lack money tools and time to do it.

I have been trying to find a vented box that will fit in my trunk and match the subs requirements.

Here are the requirements for the sub

Air space (vb) = 1.75

fb/f3 (Hz) - 35/29

Port/s (in)(dia X length) = 4 X 16

pe (W) = 1000

Mounting depth = 8

Displacment = 0.15 ft3

The box specifications are

12 Single Labyrinth Vented Subwoofer Box 1.86 Cu Ft Air Space

Height: 14 3/8"

Width: 20 1/8"

Depth: 16 3/8

1.86 Cu Ft Air Space per woofer

Tuned at: 36 Hz

Cut out diameter: 11 1/16"

Mounting depth: 11 7/8"

Holds one 12" woofer

Material: Premium USA MDF

Material Thickness: 3/4"

If the vent frequence is off by 1 hz, what effect will it have? Does anyone have an opinion on Obcon labyrinth box (good or bad)? Is this going to be a good match?

The area of my trunk is about 23 inches wide, 14 inch tall and has a depth of 16 inches. So I want to stay in that size range.

That box isn't too bad for a prefab. But why not go custom? You'll get things like 1 1/2" front baffles, flush mounting, etc. I'd also go about 2.5 cubes tuned to around 30 or so. But that's just me. I prefer larger boxes that are tuned low and manufacturer's specs are usually too small imo.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.